Recommitted Neville Jetta [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Has become one of the best small defenders in the competition. There should be clubs trying to get him out of Melbourne.

With the big coin needed for Lever, Petracca and Gawn. Could this be the one that drops out ?

Will be looking for a good priced contract considering it is the last chance at his age to go for a decent paid contract

I hope Collingwood chases him hard.

Just reading an article and does say ideally would like to be a one club player but money will talk on this contract.
"I would like to reap the benefits and have some success in my career with the club that I started with," Jetta told AFL.com.au.

"I hate letting people down. Whether it be my family or my teammates, I hate looking at their faces and realising that I've done something wrong.

"My teammates believe in me and trust me to do the job, so that's what keeps me driven."

"I would like to reap the benefits and have some success in my career with the club that I started with," Jetta told AFL.com.au.

"I hate letting people down. Whether it be my family or my teammates, I hate looking at their faces and realising that I've done something wrong.

"My teammates believe in me and trust me to do the job, so that's what keeps me driven."

Go down a few more lines in that story, he says ideally I would like to stay a one club player.

I think he will stay but if someone does come along with a great offer, I think they can get him out of there

Has become one of the best small defenders in the competition. There should be clubs trying to get him out of Melbourne.

With the big coin needed for Lever, Petracca and Gawn. Could this be the one that drops out ?

Will be looking for a good priced contract considering it is the last chance at his age to go for a decent paid contract

Wait, I thought we were going to lose Petracca once Lever came in? Or was that Gawn? Or Oliver? There was so much spam about it on your board I can't quite remember.

Jetta won't go anywhere, if we lose a big name free agent it'll be Tom McDonald.

Wait, I thought we were going to lose Petracca once Lever came in? Or was that Gawn? Or Oliver? There was so much spam about it on your board I can't quite remember.

Jetta won't go anywhere, if we lose a big name free agent it'll be Tom McDonald.

I don’t go on my board so no idea.

When a player comes up like Jetta. They will definitely get offers from other clubs and with the signings you’ve had lately, it’s not impossible to not be able to offer him the same as what another club is willing to offer

Go down a few more lines in that story, he says ideally I would like to stay a one club player.

I think he will stay but if someone does come along with a great offer, I think they can get him out of there
Yeah never denied it, not exactly a bad thing saying I ideally stay at the club I'm at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll stay unless he decides he wants to go back to WA, which seems unlikely. He's a great player and well worth the upper end of what a BP could earn.

I don’t go on my board so no idea.

When a player comes up like Jetta. They will definitely get offers from other clubs and with the signings you’ve had lately, it’s not impossible to not be able to offer him the same as what another club is willing to offer
I think you need to remember where our list was up until two seasons ago. This isn't the traditional rebuild where you build around a couple of really accomplished stagers, and you lose one because you need to give that money to really good kids (see Gibbs at Carlton, who was on good coin along with Murphy, Kreuzer, Thomas, Simpson). We had Jones and nothing. The money being redistributed to Gawn, Lever, Oliver, Petracca will be from guys who'd have been well paid until the end, because we had to reach 95% TPP. I'm talking the likes of Jamar, Garland, Watts, Cross. If we can't pay NevJet in the region of 400-500, and he won't get much better than that anywhere else, then we're in serious cap trouble.

I hope Collingwood chases him hard.

I cannot stress enough how much we need a lockdown defender like Jetta. The only forwards that go big against us are smalls - Garlett, Fantasia, Gray, Breust, Rioli etc. If we had someone like Jetta on them every week, we’d save a LOT of goals.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh okay, how much space?
No one knows any clubs cap space but the club said we have enough room to sign all our players back. Cap space isn't an issue at Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back