Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2004
Perth, WA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Doc Rivers' LA Clippers
Hi all,

Due to some work commitments and a general change of scenery, the G/F and I are moving to Perth next month indefinitely. Obviously it's going to be hard only seeing 2-3 Hawks games live a year but with the work opportunities there and keeping the relationship together, it has to be done.

Just wondering if anyone can give me some good advice on how a Hawks supporter gets by in a town full of Wharfies and Coke Eagles?
Are there Hawks supporter clubs that get together and watch the Victorian games at a pub?
How hard is it to get tickets to games at Pattersons?
I'll be an interstate Gold Member so what does that entitle me to?

Any other general advice about living in Perth would be great too.

Ah, best of luck big fella. Got to catch ya before you go.

I'm sure Market, Kipster, CP, Brant and a few others will be able to fill you in on the WA deal.

Nev, all the best with the move.

Head to Freemantle on any evening, plenty happening. Little Creatures is my fav place, which is located in freemantle, great beer, lots of people.

All the best and keep the humour up i guess

Ah, best of luck big fella. Got to catch ya before you go.

I'm sure Market, Kipster, CP, Brant and a few others will be able to fill you in on the WA deal.
Cheers mate. I've had a beer with Market before (back when I was a Bay 13 troublemaker) so will be keen to catch up with him again. I'll be flying back to Melbourne relatively frequently, I'm in town for a wedding on April 2nd so will be at the G on the 3rd for the Hawks vs Dees game. I'll swing by the London for sure.

The most disappointing part of the move is I'll arrive a few days after the Hawks belt the suitcase out of Freo and West Coast in the NAB cup.

Hey Nev,

Good to have you on board!

I saw the 2nd Geelong Game at the Inglewood Hotel (3.5km N/E of Perth CBD) last year & it was packed with Hawks (& some Cats) fans - I believe that is the home ground of the WA Hawks Supporters Club.

I should be free to attend a few more games there this season I would think.

I'll always be Victorian at heart...

81021125.jpg

Thanks for the tip Brant

Hi all,

Due to some work commitments and a general change of scenery, the G/F and I are moving to Perth next month indefinitely. Obviously it's going to be hard only seeing 2-3 Hawks games live a year but with the work opportunities there and keeping the relationship together, it has to be done.

Just wondering if anyone can give me some good advice on how a Hawks supporter gets by in a town full of Wharfies and Coke Eagles?
Are there Hawks supporter clubs that get together and watch the Victorian games at a pub?
How hard is it to get tickets to games at Pattersons?
I'll be an interstate Gold Member so what does that entitle me to?

Any other general advice about living in Perth would be great too.

My advice. Don't come here! It will suck your football soul dry! :D

Can be hard to get tickets to eagles games due to full membership. Freo games are a bit easier.

Where you thinking of living? Perth has huge urban sprawl without a really good public transport system to back it up so be careful on where you choose.

Good value areas close to town are Victoria Park (might make you feel at home home), North Perth, Mt Lawley. Western suburbs are also nice and also close to the beach but are more expensive.

Freo is good on the w/e's and the city is improving, especially on Friday nights.

Great beaches and weather which are the two best things about Perth.

Can be expensive to live in. Just got back from a w/e in Melbourne and some major differences in prices for food. $3.20 for a long mac versus about $4+ in Perth (25% increase).

Hey - Neville Bartos - Melbourne will be a less bullet riddled place without you, and our Tasmanian friends are sleeping much easier........but somehow, despite your absence, and the untold wealth that you'll accumulate and exhume from the motherland over the next how may years.......I am at peace.

You no longer have to share cutlery with Essendum supporters.

Good luck and god speed (oh, and catch up with market - truly a ripping bloke.)

Best of luck Nev!

You'll find contacts for your local Hawks supporter group here:
http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/supporter groups/tabid/11572/default.aspx

Get in contact with them and keep an eye on the Hawthorn FC website - the club usually sends along a couple of players to a 'season launch' style event for the major supporter's groups sometime in Feb. The SA ones have been really good, especially in 2008 where Stewie Dew was our guest speaker, and then he returned triumphant accompanied by the Premiership Cup at the start of 2009. Great events and a good way to meet likeminded individuals in a hostile state!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back