New 3 game Flexi Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Not sure how many of these were sent out but Tuesday I received a couple of emails from the club for In The Wings membership being upgraded with a flexi 3 game package.

“we would like to let you know that a special offer to upgrade from your In the Wings membership to a 3-Game Flexi membership will be sent to you on Wednesday. Please keep an eye on your inbox tomorrow morning for this exciting offer”

A good move by the club. Wonder if all the In The Wings members get one, or if its just the ones highest on the list.

Is there any indication that you cant attend certain games using the memberships (eg: derbies)? I also assume they're H/A only?

I received the email. But I've already purchased tickets to 3 upcoming home games this year, plus I know someone with a spare season ticket I can go with for most of the others.

A good move by the club. Wonder if all the In The Wings members get one, or if its just the ones highest on the list.

Is there any indication that you cant attend certain games using the memberships (eg: derbies)? I also assume they're H/A only?
We have already had our home derby so it won’t be for that. You can buy three game Dockers memberships that include the derby though....

Flexi is good, had it last year as well, no brainer while you wait for proper season tickets.

Recently upgraded from 3 to 5 game and i'm stoked. No such thing as a bad seat at Optus and the Flexi crowds around you are usually pretty good.

Ticket price only ends up costing like $30-$35 a game from memory.

I have 2 membership tickets for three games available in Block 520 for $120 each if anyone is interested. I can't get to night games..

9 Fri May-17 Melbourne 6:10pm
14 Thu Jun-20 Essendon 6:10pm
17 Fri Jul-12 Collingwood 6:10pm

PM me if interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They send you a barcode, you go onto the Ticketmaster site for whatever game you want and enter the barcode..

If there's seats available (which there pretty much always is) you'll get an allocated seat, which is generally in the same area every time.

You can book in your games now or whenever, it's the same barcode, you just use it 3 times.

Personally i've had all fairly crap games to choose from this year due to work commitments. Think mine is GWS, GCS, WB, ESS and NOR, but if it's for a blockbuster game like a Collingwood or Richmond at Optus i'd advise getting your selections in in advance.

Unsure how the actual offering of the FLEXI is determined though, presumably by ITW waitlist number.

I have a couple of the 3 game memberships. Perfect for me. Just had my first Bub in feb so hard to get out on the weekends as I work all week so need to give the missus a chop out on weekends. Get to pick 3 good games that are timed well for me and bring a mate. She's a bit young this year but next year mum and bub can get to a game as well.
Also now off the waiting list and foot in the door for an upgrade if and when I can afford it.

Count me as a fan of the 3 game flexi

With a family of 5 and sporting commitments (and night games) - getting to 11 games is no longer an option.

So the 3 games works well

Tip for young players - the whole season is available to book - so go through your diary and work out which games you want - and if a day game - make sure you sit on the northeastern side, rather than the southeastern side.

yesss just received the 3 game flex membership. Just jumped onto the ticketmaster website and try reserving seats for up coming games.
Went to the members section, entered barcode, selected the "Free member area" but no Category six option comes up?
Any idea where I am stuffing up?

yesss just received the 3 game flex membership. Just jumped onto the ticketmaster website and try reserving seats for up coming games.
Went to the members section, entered barcode, selected the "Free member area" but no Category six option comes up?
Any idea where I am stuffing up?
There isn't a Cat 6 to my knowledge

I just left it on Best Available and it worked

conces.PNG

Got the email this morning, so if you take up the offer you lose you place in the waiting list. Do you get a 3 game membership next season aswell?

Got the email this morning, so if you take up the offer you lose you place in the waiting list. Do you get a 3 game membership next season aswell?
The way the lady explained it to me on the phone was like this:

You technically lose your spot on the waitlist, but you now hold a flexi membership until you cancel it. At the end of each season, flexi members are given the option to upgrade to a full 11 game membership, and if there are full memberships available then flexi members who asked for an upgrade will be upgraded based on how many years of membership they've got.

So while you technically lose your waitlist spot, you might as well still be on it. If you choose not to upgrade to an 11 game membership then you can just stay as a Flexi for as long as you like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back