New AC/DC 2020 !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Hahaha !! Its unbelievable isnt it. I can relate totally to what you just said. The first time i saw them was 1988. I had the chance to go on a trip to Europe but passed it up because i thought it would be my first and last chance to see them...
It does my head in to know their are big AC/DC fans born after 1985...lol and they goto their concerts decades after I was content to accept this was an amazing raw heavy rock band from late 70's that was happy enough to enjoy their stuff from Bon Scott era and Back in Black Album and whatever happened post 1985 is like some other alternative reality.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
When I was a teenager I went and saw them once, knowing it would be last time I would see them and they were on the way out.
I viewed them like some brilliant band that had their peak from mid 70's and late 70's, which was before my time and took the opportunity to see them at Flinders Park in 1985. I think I had bought the album Fly on the Wall. I went to the concert knowing I could never get to experience them in their heyday but least I still got to see them whilst they had last bit of fuel in their tank. Quite liked a few songs on the album but was really jealous I was born too late to see them when they were at their peak with Bon Scott and then the Back in Black album after he died. Never had any desire to listen to anything after 1985 of theirs. My WTF moment, is my 1985 self, brought forward 35 years later and trying to get my head around finding a thread where people are talking about AC/DC having a new album. Just does my 1985 head in. If I could re-visit that 1985 self and say to him, you know this concert you going to tonight, they will have a new album out in 35 years too...

Also with one of the Young brothers gone, I do not even get the desire to pretend they still are AC/DC.
It feels so weird in same week one of my favourite rock bands Van Halen have lost the majestic Eddie Van Halen to see this happening.

Great post bro. I've seen them live 4 times over the journey, great show every time but yeah not getting to see Bon will always be a bummer. I grew up watching him do his stuff but he checked out before I got the chance to see them play.

These guys are masters at marketing so while initially I was surprised to find out they were back, again!, the more I think about it the more I suspect this is just their long-term planning playing out;).

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
& crazy to think, if they actually do ******* tour again, that s**t will be sold out everywhere & I'll probably be there. But I mean, they wont, will they? .... I mean, they can't, can they? ....

Mar 30, 2008
The Phase Realm
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo , Coney Island Warriors.
& crazy to think, if they actually do ******* tour again, that sh*t will be sold out everywhere & I'll probably be there. But I mean, they wont, will they? .... I mean, they can't, can they? ....

If The Stones can do it then I dont see why not. :cool:

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Meh. Was a fan when I was 14. The sh*t was sounding too samey not long after that, even then.
This sounds stock AF, pass.

I was hoping for a modern "Shake a Leg" style song/riff. But yeh, very by numbers for the first single.

So is the expectation that when bands get to the "Wizard" age, should they have mad skills so to speak and get even better. That's the difficult question when it comes to bands as they get older.

I always wonder when that happens with bands, is very common and usually it happens later on. When they do release stock standard music or by numbers. Do they sit down and talk about the new songs in comparison to what they have already done in the past, is it relevant, does that take away from the fun of the members just being together again, who knows, the age old mystery.

I think it depends how self analytical bands are. It's probably easier the more self conscious the members are. Some would be "I'm not releasing anything unless it's really good", others would be "Let's just make an album again", for the fun of it.

There have been great comeback records. Where band members save all the good songs they wrote for one big album. Even Janes Addiction - Strays was very good. Though that was only decade from their last album. GNR and Chinese Democracy. That was nearly two decades on.

This came up when is searched great comeback albums:

The 12 Best Comeback Albums (After a Decade or More) Ever
  1. My Bloody Valentine, mbv (2013)
  2. Portishead, Third (2008)
  3. Scott Walker, Tilt (1995)
  4. D'Angelo, Black Messiah (2014)
  5. Aphex Twin, Syro (2014)
  6. Gil Scott-Heron, I'm New Here (2010)
  7. Dinosaur Jr., Beyond (2007)
  8. Swans, My Father Will Guide Me Up a Rope to the Sky (2010)

Last edited:

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
When I was a teenager I went and saw them once, knowing it would be last time I would see them and they were on the way out.
I viewed them like some brilliant band that had their peak from mid 70's and late 70's, which was before my time and took the opportunity to see them at Flinders Park in 1985. I think I had bought the album Fly on the Wall. I went to the concert knowing I could never get to experience them in their heyday but least I still got to see them whilst they had last bit of fuel in their tank. Quite liked a few songs on the album but was really jealous I was born too late to see them when they were at their peak with Bon Scott and then the Back in Black album after he died. Never had any desire to listen to anything after 1985 of theirs. My WTF moment, is my 1985 self, brought forward 35 years later and trying to get my head around finding a thread where people are talking about AC/DC having a new album. Just does my 1985 head in. If I could re-visit that 1985 self and say to him, you know this concert you going to tonight, they will have a new album out in 35 years too...

Also with one of the Young brothers gone, I do not even get the desire to pretend they still are AC/DC.
It feels so weird in same week one of my favourite rock bands Van Halen have lost the majestic Eddie Van Halen to see this happening.

Why did you feel Back in Black was the good old days when it only came out 5 years prior?

Mar 30, 2008
The Phase Realm
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Meh. Was a fan when I was 14. The sh*t was sounding too samey not long after that, even then.
This sounds stock AF, pass.

But it's AC/DC !! Of course it sounds the same, Even Angus said theyve been releasing the same album for the past 40 years. Gotta love 'em.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Why did you feel Back in Black was the good old days when it only came out 5 years prior?
More a feeling than anything I had at the time as a teenager. AC/DC had so many good songs from mid to late 70's that I had heard, one way or another before I was even conscious of what it was. Plus as a kid 5 years feels forever, so in 1985 looking with my first purchase of albums of any kind, the music of before that time especially before then felt like ,the good old days. Probably because a song like Back in Black and You Shook Me all Night Long were heard so often they were familiar to my ears even before I conscious of the rock group name. It felt like something old and good to me in mid 80's.
In 1985 I was more into Van Halen recent albums, than AC/DC of 1985. AC/DC had peaked for me before then and I felt that, at the time. If I caught something like Bon Scott era or the Back in Black Album it was so clearly their peak and my 1985 self, knew and felt that even as someone that was listening to Fly On The Wall album in 1985.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.

I followed the spotify link just to have a look & it wants to give Sony Music the rights to do basically anything they want with you spotify account, look at this s**t...

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2008
The Phase Realm
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams

I followed the spotify link just to have a look & it wants to give Sony Music the rights to do basically anything they want with you spotify account, looks at this sh*t...

View attachment 985725

WTF !! Where are we ,North Korea !

Thats Fckn ridiculous .

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I finally got around to a quick listen to this song, Shot in the Dark... Only about two minutes.
My 1985 self and 2020 self say it feels like it is straight from the Fly On Wall album itself... lol...
Can even imagine music video theme's could be same style and all...

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
I finally got around to a quick listen to this song, Shot in the Dark... Only about two minutes.
My 1985 self and 2020 self say it feels like it is straight from the Fly On Wall album itself... lol...
Can even imagine music video theme's could be same style and all...

Sink the Pink is actually a good song though.
This new one, is not.

Mar 30, 2008
The Phase Realm
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sink the Pink is actually a good song though.
This new one, is not.
Its your typical radio friendly AC/DC track. Sink the pink is a good song, but not what you would call radio friendly. I have never heard any songs from FOTW or FOTS on the radio. The other tracks on the new album are alot better.

footy75

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Just when you think 2020 couldn't get any worse AC/DC save us with more of their good old no frills rock and roll.

Legends.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back