Mod. Notice New Adelaide Moderator - WALL-e

Remove this Banner Ad

Fairly sure NikkiNoo pre-dated my appointment as moderator. That said, we've been fairly stable - I joined the mod squad in March 2008 and we've only had 2 new appointments in the 2 1/2 years since then.

Looking back through the history, I was appointed to replace Kane McGoodwin. Mad Dog was still one of the site administrators back in those days.

btw - did my pm to cmndstab get Wall-e over the line?
I think I named the 2 perfect people for this job (Wall-e included)
and said who to avoid (and a few of them were nominated)
Does modesty forbid you from naming the other one?

Whatever happened to Mad Dog, he hasnt even logged in for years?
we've been told nothing, and whenever it's asked why, it seems to be covered up

I think it's best to not mention it, if it's known, it's bad, if it's not known we shouldn't be jumping to conclusions
Does modesty forbid you from naming the other one?
Macjoe

we've been told nothing, and whenever it's asked why, it seems to be covered up

I think it's best to not mention it, if it's known, it's bad, if it's not known we shouldn't be jumping to conclusions

Macjoe

that is a shame

that is mad dog and PC gone for reasons we are unable to talk about.

Congrats wall-e. Well deserved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my time on this board, from memory

DaveW (still around on the boards every now and then, not so much AFC these days) & Kane McGoodwin (still around here sometimes)
Kane McGoodwin & Mad Dog (Had a meteoric rise on BF, stellar poster, great mod, then super mod, then disappeared instantly, very sad)
Mad Dog & Vader
Mad Dog, Vader & NikkiNoo
Vader, NikkiNoo & cmndstab
Vader, cmndstab & Wall-E

I was definitely here in dyertribe's days as an Adelaide poster, but I don't remember him as a mod. Was an excellent poster, despite his black, black (and white (and possibly teal)) heart.

The last 3 appointments are a marked shift from all the prior appointments. The old school (of which I include Vader) are the elder statesmen types, with the gravitas of someone like Keating or Hawke. The last 3 much more of the Blair or Rudd types - youthful, ambitious, busy-types. Not a criticism of those moderators, I just think its an interesting reflection on the way the board has evolved in my 4 and a half years here.

Arrowman was a mod for all of 15 minutes*

*showing my age.

Also, this was the first mod nomination period where it was finally through people's heads that the two EXTREMELY elder statesmen in Macca23 and Stiffy18 don't want to be mods! :D

Also, this was the first mod nomination period where it was finally through people's heads that the two EXTREMELY elder statesmen in Macca23 and Stiffy18 don't want to be mods! :D
Is that some sort of shot at me? :p

In my defense I didn't know that.

Anyways, congrats WALL-e. :thumbsu:

I wonder if there are any parallels to the crows Captaincy selection? :p

congrats WALL-e :)

In my time on this board, from memory

DaveW (still around on the boards every now and then, not so much AFC these days) & Kane McGoodwin (still around here sometimes)
Kane McGoodwin & Mad Dog (Had a meteoric rise on BF, stellar poster, great mod, then super mod, then disappeared instantly, very sad)
Mad Dog & Vader
Mad Dog, Vader & NikkiNoo
Vader, NikkiNoo & cmndstab
Vader, cmndstab & Wall-E

I was definitely here in dyertribe's days as an Adelaide poster, but I don't remember him as a mod. Was an excellent poster, despite his black, black (and white (and possibly teal)) heart.

The last 3 appointments are a marked shift from all the prior appointments. The old school (of which I include Vader) are the elder statesmen types, with the gravitas of someone like Keating or Hawke. The last 3 much more of the Blair or Rudd types - youthful, ambitious, busy-types. Not a criticism of those moderators, I just think its an interesting reflection on the way the board has evolved in my 4 and a half years here.
Close - but my distant memory is:

1. Danni (Admin who is Brisbane supporter)
2. Me (as the board were keen for an Adelaide supporter ... even though Danni was very fair IMO)
3. Me & Dave W (as the board came busy, decided best to have a 2nd moderator)
4. Me & Mad Dog
5. Me, Mad Dog & Nikki Noo (as we board became even busier - I think Nikki Noo was before Vader, who I think replaced me)
6. Mad Dog, Nikki Noo, Vader
7. Vader, NikkiNoo & cmndstab
8. Vader, cmndstab & Wall-E

There were some brief mod appearances by Dyertribe & marvin & Arrowman, but struggling to recall when (think DT may have been the 1st 3rd mod with me & MD prior to NN & marvin replaced DT briefly).

All the best Nikki & congratulations Wall-E! A good choice & hope you keep posting regularly too. :)

I can confirm that you have 5-8 correct on that list. I can't confirm all the earlier ones though, too far back in the dim & distant past.

Even allowing for the few short-term mods we've had, we're still averaging around 1 new mod per year. That's a fairly high degree of consistency and continuity.

There were some brief mod appearances by Dyertribe & marvin & Arrowman, but struggling to recall when (think DT may have been the 1st 3rd mod with me & MD prior to NN & marvin replaced DT briefly).

All the best Nikki & congratulations Wall-E! A good choice & hope you keep posting regularly too. :)

DT predated MD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back