Opinion New AFC HQ: Stalled Indefinitely

What should we do?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Our's won't be with the council, the SANFL already have that lease. Our's will be with the SANFL, not the council. You really don't understand commercial leases at all.
Does it matter, as you understand commercial leases better than most, I will admit not my area of discussion,
Does it really matter who Crows get the lease from, SANFL or Council
To me all that matter is that the Crows get a long term lease with unrestricted training access to 2 ovals with full advertisement rites on all AFLW and SANFL game day events, a state of the art training center, and of course a place to sit down and watch training,

I think they'd always show a United front even if a topic was hotly debated. But we don't hear publicly from anyone other than the Chairman, Jamo or Roo. Hazel briefly regarding the search for a replacement. I think you'd need to know them personally to get an idea. Based on some of the things Pembo has said in the past I'd imagine Ellis might have had a few different views from time to time. I know from macca23 that a past board member was extremely angry with the decisions made re Trigg and Tippett issue.

What decisions specifically do you mean?

you can’t be held to ransom like that, no matter the situation.

no negotiating with terrorists

Except the terrorists within. Knowing our club, it's likely all the board weren't all availed of information evenly. And that conflict prior to such a vote wouldn't be disclosed. This bit is just me spitballing, but I could see Chappy up to his eyeballs in it and acting to protect his interests ahead of everything else.

Except the terrorists within. Knowing our club, it's likely all the board weren't all availed of information evenly. And that conflict prior to such a vote wouldn't be disclosed. This bit is just me spitballing, but I could see Chappy up to his eyeballs in it and acting to protect his interests ahead of everything else.

where does it end? Once an executive pulls a gun on you, it’s over

Funny enough, Trigg then lands at another club for a CEO role he’s hopelessly unqualified for, then at a business whose owner finds his way on the AFC board. So incestuous.
Also am I the only one who never believes the story that Bob Foord was fully endorsed to become Chairman before he passed away which left the club scrambling? I hope I’m wrong but.

Nice little charade of trigg offering his resignation and it not being accepted.

If you’re going Boyle, you go full Boyle. When asked why wasn’t he sacked, which shuts down the topic quicker? “Didn’t think it a sackable offence” or “you know what, he resigned, but he’s so good at everything else he’s ever done that we refused to accept it.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny enough, Trigg then lands at another club for a CEO role he’s hopelessly unqualified for, then at a business whose owner finds his way on the AFC board. So incestuous.
Also am I the only one who never believes the story that Bob Foord was fully endorsed to become Chairman before he passed away which left the club scrambling? I hope I’m wrong but.

you’re not the only one, it’s mentioned a bit in the ‘sack everyone’ thread stickied at the top.

The Adelaide city council have proposed a $170 levy for residents and a $700 levy for commercial property each year for the next 2 years to pay for a new aquatic center.
giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The Adelaide city council have proposed a $170 levy for residents and a $700 levy for commercial property each year for the next 2 years to pay for a new aquatic center.
Just charge it to the Parklands preservation society

There is an aquatic centre at Thebby too, interesting to see if an upgrade of that also will be in the AFC proposal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just charge it to the Parklands preservation society

Step 1 - Ratepayer plebiscite voting yes or no for AFC development. If 50% plus 1 vote yes then it goes ahead. If not, proceed to step 2.
Step 2 - charge only the no voters whatever levy is required to make the centre cost neutral.

When it comes to putting hand in pocket, I doubt they'd get close to deploying step 2.

Last edited:
Just a thought, but if the old Victoria Park racecourse is no longer used for the SuperLoop, wouldnt that location be ideal for a new club base? I mean, there is a stack of space so we could create at least two ovals (similar to West Coast), it has already been used for sporting events (so the locals of Rose Park can hardly complain about destroying "their" parklands), it has easy access to the city and Adelaide Oval, There is already an existing Grandstand that we could retro fit into a training base / offices etc. To me (ACC and locals aside) it feels like a no brainer.....

Back