Opinion New AFC HQ: Send in the Bulldozers! Thebarton is Happening!

What should we do?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If the city alternatives fall through. What about Gepps Cross. Hockey Cycling with some soccer. Adelaide Croatia and Soccer SA.A degree of elite sports

If the city alternatives fall through. What about Gepps Cross. Hockey Cycling with some soccer. Adelaide Croatia and Soccer SA.A degree of elite sports
Think they would want to be more closer to the city.

They’ll get a better commercial return from the car park and noodle shops they’re building at the old Le Cornu site if the Crows had a spanking new HQ just up the road.
I reckon they'll hold out as long as possible, they'll hate the optics of "giving in to the AFC"

I reckon they'll hold out as long as possible, they'll hate the optics of "giving in to the AFC"
We should be more ambitious.

Take over the entire council after it goes broke.

Build the new HQ/Oval where we want. Level a city block on Grenfell st.

Plenty of half empty buildings.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should be more ambitious.

Take over the entire council after it goes broke.

Build the new HQ/Oval where we want. Level a city block on Grenfell st.

Plenty of half empty buildings.

I could just imagine Roo lashing out at the ratepayers.

"If you don't like it, maybe you should go live in another city".

At this point as long as don't announce Thebarton or any other venue which the SANFL has a stake in then I'll take it as a win.

I'm sceptical on Olsen's keenness for a quick move and Thebby seemingly the early favourite. But he's a single vote at the board table and an extra deliberative vote only in the case of a tie. He hasn't the power to make these kinds of decisions on his own. Every other director has a duty to vote only in the best interests of the AFC.

The timing of the article about the council needing to sell a bunch of assets to survive is ... interesting.
Just shows up how ridiculous the council was last year. They are sitting on a dead asset ffs with no internal capacity to renew it. Never look a gift horse in the mouth!

At this point as long as don't announce Thebarton or any other venue which the SANFL has a stake in then I'll take it as a win.
Thebarton still seems like a good option to me, so I wouldn't hate that.

As long as we have a committed path forward.

Available room on the East and South Parklands are too far and too much of a Problem for a Lot of People to get too, Thebby Closer and easier to get too,
And I am talking from Adelaide Oval.
Beside Thebby according to the Council will be a 2 oval deal as they plan to turn Kings reserve into an open Oval.
And they don't have to deal with ACC.
And that Turd can be Polished with a state of the art training center, and AFL standard Ovals, It also gives the Crows a Home Ground for the AFLW and SANFL teams to play there Homes games, To me that a big positive.
A good opportunity for the Uber drivers to ferry everyone from AO to TO.

How is Thebarton any better than West Lakes?

In two years time the housing will be built up around West Lakes and it will look nice. Hawthorn have a similar set up.

Two years time Thebarton will be part of the South Road works.

Location wise, Thebarton is not that close to the city. Most people will drive there.

There will be no aftermath function at any HQ we build.

SANFL have a presence at Thebarton.

Both are similar sized.

I understand we are being pushed from WL by the developers, and will be compensated. Hence we are moving.

But Thebarton is no different to any other location on the West side of town.

I still say the West Beach site, and share it with the Giants, is better than Thebarton.

No SANFL presence, bigger site and less existing infrastructure to compromise. Location, not that far from Thebarton, and most people will drive there anyway to see a training session. We can utilise the Giants liquor license as well. SANFL games won't be played at our new HQ. Nor will the womans teams games.

Back