Opinion New AFC HQ: Send in the Bulldozers! Thebarton is Happening!

What should we do?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Hahahaha. And so it begins.
I hope they do knock us back, rates will go up and the NIMBYs will suffer
Then we can negotiate harder from a position of strength
And the new report was put together by a Mr.... Nagaf who comes from someplace far away. Yes, that will do.

I like the way Nagaf thinks!

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

I know a guy who knows a guy etc etc he might be somewhere I will be tonight, so i'll bail him up and see what's going on

no promises

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

I know a guy who knows a guy etc etc he might be somewhere I will be tonight, so i'll bail him up and see what's going on

no promises

Ha ha

I got “I can’t tell you that Deaneus it’s part of a confidential process”

Stupid councilors

Word is this is in a bit of a disarry. The deadline imposed by the ACC has caused the club to try and get months worth of works done in a matter of weeks.

Many consultants being brought in, but as of a week or so a go, long way to go.

Mate, the crows were ready to submit months ago.
They have been held at arms length by council administration due to some diligence taking place from that side.

Jan 30, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
6a35368e2fc5c7a4f5129075b12819ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

boffo

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
I did a comprehensive survey (of the one resident I know in Nth Adelaide) and I can conclude that residents favour the AFC proposal. They think the current area is scrubby and neglected, and they will get a greener, better looking space with a better aquatic centre.

To top it all off, someone else will pay for it.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I did a comprehensive survey (of the one resident I know in Nth Adelaide) and I can conclude that residents favour the AFC proposal. They think the current area is scrubby and neglected, and they will get a greener, better looking space with a better aquatic centre.

To top it all off, someone else will pay for it.

I’m in Adelaide for a funeral and asked a Bloke who patted our hounds if he supported the AFC redevelopment and he was also on side. I think we need engage no further.

Not sure I like the Aquatic centre move.
Decon of Waverley netted Hawthorn four premierships while they had the base and a community moving in around them. There must be still positives there. Plus didn’t it cost around 25 mil?

Hawthorn moved their administration and football operations to a freshly redevloped Waverley in 2006, until that time having operated from their original home at Glenferrie

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
Hawthorn moved their administration and football operations to a freshly redevloped Waverley in 2006, until that time having operated from their original home at Glenferrie
Sure, so since 2006 they’ve garnered 4 premierships from a made for football site that was deconstructed.

Sure, so since 2006 they’ve garnered 4 premierships from a made for football site that was deconstructed.

They moved from their original home to a newly rennovated facility.

Us moving from our original home to a newly rennovated facility in the parklands matches this far more closely than us staying at West Lakes.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
They moved from their original home to a newly rennovated facility.

Us moving from our original home to a newly rennovated facility in the parklands matches this far more closely than us staying at West Lakes.
You think we should move then huh. Ok, give me a game day reason that 10 k makes a difference when the training facility atm is great and the training pitch is top notch.

You think we should move then huh. Ok, give me a game day reason that 10 k makes a difference when the training facility atm is great and the training pitch is top notch.

There's absolutely no long term future at West Lakes, as we don't own the land and the owners want us gone so that they can continue expanding their housing development. We have to leave at some point between now and the lease ending, the current plan at least appears to be us moving of our own accord on our own time.

The difference there with Hawthorn is that the Waverley members stand was heritage listed by the Vic state government, and couldn't be knocked down and turned into housing, so inviting Hawthorn to be tenants of the newly rennovated structure inside the old gandstand made commercial sense to the developers.

Back