Opinion New AFC HQ: Send in the Bulldozers! Thebarton is Happening!

What should we do?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I more meant training on parklands without facilities there. I have no issue whether they decide it to be at Thebarton or north Adelaide but you need clubrooms/facilities where you train.
I do wonder if facilities mean toilets......I think they mean big infrastructure?

I'm not a fan of the thebby personally, but if the club thinks it works then I'll accept it.

It is an April Fools joke.

Just thinking about the gear that is used at training is the big tip off. No way the players and coaches will be carrying that across Port Road, with no infrastructure (storage) at the oval.

Also, isn't that site the old Coke site? A subtle dig at our club......

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It is an April Fools joke.

Just thinking about the gear that is used at training is the big tip off. No way the players and coaches will be carrying that across Port Road, with no infrastructure (storage) at the oval.

Also, isn't that site the old Coke site? A subtle dig at our club......

This was on Twitter at 3.51 pm.

And Some believe (myself included) April Fools' Day ends at noon will contend that prank victim are only "fools" if they fall for a trick early in the day. After that, the fools become those who try to carry out pranks.

And Some believe (myself included) April Fools' Day ends at noon will contend that prank victim are only "fools" if they fall for a trick early in the day. After that, the fools become those who try to carry out pranks.
Yep....Rucci is a fool.

I do wonder if facilities mean toilets......I think they mean big infrastructure?

I'm not a fan of the thebby personally, but if the club thinks it works then I'll accept it.
If it's on the Parklands then it'd probably mean any permanent structure. Basically we'd have to pack, pick up and move a ridiculous amount of stuff every time we want to train.

Can we join up with the SACA at Karen Rolton Oval?

Facilities there are good

Redbacks and Crows... the two powerhouses of Australian sport united. Unstoppable

Redbacks: but what if we need the ground for a final?
AFC: *stifles laughter*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 2009, our then CEO was seeking compo for the facility if we ever left AAMI stadium...

Looks like we moved in there in November 2009 (pre-season training for 2010).

The AFL at Adelaide Oval announcement comes in December 2009. Our then new facility at AAMI stadium becomes a white elephant instantly, need to get out of there ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That aged well.

You couldn't fool me on the fooliest day of the year with an electrified fooling machine.

Maybe I'm naïve but Rucci sounded like he believed this is a genuine plan and on reflection this idea has some merit.
If we assume for a moment it is

for a 5year stint we couldn’t invest heavily in facilities at thebarton so what would the facilities they are using be?

the training groundis simple, but what about everything else that goes with it.

and if it is a 5yr interim measure, what benefit does it have over staying at west lakes for that time with a know departure date?
Would be different if we had to be out and our ideal option was 5years away and it was thought better to compromise short term to get the best long term but I can’t see how it’d work to move twice when it’s not meeded

Back