Opinion New AFC HQ: Stalled Indefinitely

What should we do?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The Club is apparently presenting tonight.

Will be interesting what feedback they get and what gets leaked to the media.

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surely as a ratepayer I’m entitled to find out toot sweet. There shouldn’t be any commercial in confidence here as we’re only discussing concepts and broad brush strokes. Even if it’s a helicopter view of the footprint and an indication of operational parameters, there’s no commercial risk to either party yet.

Surely as a ratepayer I’m entitled to find out toot sweet. There shouldn’t be any commercial in confidence here as we’re only discussing concepts and broad brush strokes. Even if it’s a helicopter view of the footprint and an indication of operational parameters, there’s no commercial risk to either party yet.
I agree, but it's the ACC. Who knows!

As a ratepayer you are entitled to attend, if you dont attend then you cant complain

I think thats how it goes

Not sure if it’s been posted here, but the new facility won’t have a bar/shed facility. It will have a cafe and a muesum. I think the plan is to activate all the O’Connell st pubs on game day, instead of having a facility at the club

I agree, but it's the ACC. Who knows!

Do they have ‘in confidence’ sections of council meetings, we have them up here. They might as well open it up because there’s powerful interested parties that will only be worse the longer they wait for updates. As a club, our proposal right now shouldn’t be much more than a google earth dump with some buildings/ovals added onto it and vague operational expectations. You wouldn’t be investing too heavy at this stage.

Not sure if it’s been posted here, but the new facility won’t have a bar/shed facility. It will have a cafe and a muesum. I think the plan is to activate all the O’Connell st pubs on game day, instead of having a facility at the club

I think there’s no doubt that the Council isn’t interested in allowing another permanent liquor license in the precinct. Plenty of options right now that mightn’t be going too well. It wouldn’t work anyway. But, I think a shed type facility for special events and away games would work for the club and the precinct. Any design should include the ability to transform to a very large function area, even if we don’t have certainty over what will potentially be special license applications as required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if this museum will last longer than the last one.

The word is the Caledonia Hotel on O’Connell Street.

Didn’t the museum fail last time. They have tried that before.

Whatever this thing ends up being.... please have an impressive memorabilia section steeped in the clubs history. The Premiership cups, pre-season cups, past players donated gear on show, news paper articles, big walls wall-papered with past, key, in-game moments, current and past player profiles, video kiosks, the whole farking lot. Make every supporter feel a sense of pride when they walk through the door. Show new players coming in that this club does have a history (albeit a short one), and that it stands for something.

I dont care.about a club room.or museum.

I just want no compromises when it come to the ovals (yes plural) and the training facilities used by the players.

What we have at West Lakes in this regard is actually pretty dam good. To move to a more expensive location with more red tape better not mean the actual facility use to develop and train our players is not as good as it can be anywhere else. It certainly should be better than we have as a bare minimum.

If you dont win games of Footy and ultimately Premierships who cares if you can have a beer at the "club"....and gaze at an empty trophy cabinet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I dont care.about a club room.or museum.

I just want no compromises when it come to the ovals (yes plural) and the training facilities used by the players.

What we have at West Lakes in this regard is actually pretty dam good. To move to a more expensive location with more red tape better not mean the actual facility use to develop and train our players is not as good as it can be anywhere else. It certainly should be better than we have as a bare minimum.

If you dont win games of Footy and ultimately Premierships who cares if you can have a beer at the "club"....and gaze at an empty trophy cabinet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Pretty sure they've said there will be just the one oval, but the dimensions of it will be adaptable so they can replicate any oval in Australia.

Back