Opinion New AFC HQ: Send in the Bulldozers! Thebarton is Happening!

What should we do?

• Total voters

Grooster24

Club Legend
May 27, 2015
Dlusional
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
657270d0aaab037277bf1cf459a733d7.jpg

bab14b98865d10129002d6e0ef03c3e8.jpg

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The great thing about good old Adelaide :rolleyes: .....is thatany development in Adelaide is guaranted to be protested

Just don't see the same angst in the Eastern states

The great thing about good old Adelaide
You think a group of humans across a border are inherently different from another group in the same country in the 21st century?

We've just got one paper and fewer people so it doesn't get drowned out.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
You think a group of humans across a border are inherently different from another group in the same country in the 21st century?

We've just got one paper and fewer people so it doesn't get drowned out.
Yes ...the number of developments are 10 fold v adelaide

Developmnts in Adelaide are front page news .....Eastern states they don't rate a mention

Love the profile of airport developments in Adel .....ours are continuous & you don't hear about them at all

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes ...the number of developments are 10 fold v adelaide

Developmnts in Adelaide are front page news .....Eastern states they don't rate a mention

Love the profile of airport developments in Adel .....ours are continuous & you don't hear about them at all
Breaking news, city with many more people has more development.

Morning_Fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
The great thing about good old Adelaide :rolleyes: .....is thatany development in Adelaide is guaranted to be protested

Just don't see the same angst in the Eastern states

The great thing about good old Adelaide

Yes they do. Can you not remember the BS about the Albert Park crap and the Grand Prix? They have the same morons who try and spoil it for everyone.

Small minority think they can control the lifestyle of everyone

The difference is, their government have a backbone and tell the ‘nay sayers’ to shut up and get out of the way. They are pro development.

Our government won’t. Just like the V8 grand stand being built at the racetrack. Our government are soft as water.

This could be a 10 year move for the Crows.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
How many people but more importantly how many members would use it,
And what is more important to Crows Members,
Would you be happy with a money pit, just to feel happy we have clubrooms or be happy with a state of the art training venue allowing the Crow to be competitive on the field and win a few premierships,
We Live in SA, Port have a Club Room and Pub, yet they would be lucky to more than 2% of the there supporters attending,
This is not a build it and they will come exercise,
It's interesting, I agree with you to a degree.

I was listening to an interview from a St Kilda player, the topic of their move out of morrabin came up.

He said the new facilities, whilst top class, were sterile, little fan interaction, no social club etc.

Whilst a social club might be break even in a monetary basis,I think it still adds to the overall feel of a club.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
It’s people like her that hold the state back and are the reason no one wants to come here.. Backward thinking old boiler who has nothing better to do..
Just run her over.. it’s embarrassing

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Careful, she knows Rupert Murdoch personally.

CroCop

Club Legend
Jan 10, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Blighty mentioned something last night on Sportsday SA and how he had a chat to Steven Marshall about this at a recent party. My walkman ended up switching off for some reason so I missed what he said about the move to the aquatic centre . . Did anyone hear this and what was said ?

CrowMike

Team Captain
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't get the hate for this. So much of the park lands are a baron waste land. Surely by allowing the Crows in will at least brighten a part of it.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't get the hate for this. So much of the park lands are a baron waste land. Surely by allowing the Crows in will at least brighten a part of it.

It's not even that. We can take over what's already there and there would be near enough to no change to the development footprint that pre-exists. It has the potential to be a win:win:win:win:win for all parties - us:pool users:ratepayers:parkland people:O'Connell st traders. I'm sure there's more.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
It's not even that. We can take over what's already there and there would be near enough to no change to the development footprint that pre-exists. It has the potential to be a win:win:win:win:win for all parties - us:pool users:ratepayers:parkland people:O'Connell st traders. I'm sure there's more.
It is the vocal minority that gives ACCC ratepayers who want progress such as yourself a bad name.

They also make such progress difficult.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mar 12, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
You belligerent old fart, it's going to happen and everyone will benefit from it's occurrence. Who really cares what you think?

'Come to NA, pay twice as much for exactly the same house in the inner East for no clear reason. Enjoy the noise pollution from planes thundering overhead. Cower behind your drapes as poor people travel through your area to get to Kilburn. Be over represented in a useless council by individuals even more deluded than you are.'

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

So a colon directly followed bY the letter ‘p’ makes a tongue face. It didn’t look like that when I hit reply. Just to confirm :p

Back