Opinion New AFC HQ: Stalled Indefinitely

What should we do?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just need to hope that Olsen can use his strings and get this in our favor. We can’t keep building on every parcel of land that pops up.

We need to get this because we are the best option that ticks the boxes on the RSA Masterplan of providing the area with a mix of greenspace, commercial, residential, honouring heritage and providing community engagement.
If we have to resort to string pulling to win it then that will open up a world of pain that make the the camp and Tippet saga's look like fun times.

We need to get this because we are the best option that ticks the boxes on the RSA Masterplan of providing the area with a mix of greenspace, commercial, residential, honouring heritage and providing community engagement.
If we have to resort to string pulling to win it then that will open up a world of pain that make the the camp and Tippet saga's look like fun times.

have you seen the other tenders?

how would you know that we are the best option then?
I don’t and didn’t mean to suggest that i do.
What I was trying to say is that we need to provide the best tender that meets the RSA criteria so that they award the site to us as oppose to relying on Olsens pulling strings for us.
I’m hoping we get selected as the preferred tender, but think we’ll be up against it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Secret deal between PAP and the Marshall Government.

I wouldn't have been at all surprised considering the political Port Adelaide Power fanboys over the years - Foley, Weatherdill, Malinauskus, and Marshall, Jesus, no wonder the hideous colour of the back of the RAH.

The secret deal is between the Marshall government and real estate developers, it's their wedge to allow half the riverbank - from the weir to the footbridge on one side, and pinky flat on the other - to be turned into hotel and appartment towers. Same sort of developer kickbacks that have permanently corrupted both sides of NSW politics.

The secret deal is between the Marshall government and real estate developers, it's their wedge to allow half the riverbank - from the weir to the footbridge on one side, and pinky flat on the other - to be turned into hotel and appartment towers. Same sort of developer kickbacks that have permanently corrupted both sides of NSW politics.
Proof of this?

That’s a very specific accusation though, so he either knows something or is talking out of his paranoid arse

They're currently in the middle of trying to change the parklands legislation to let development on the riverbank happen, it was in the news a few weeks ago.

They're currently in the middle of trying to change the parklands legislation to let development on the riverbank happen, it was in the news a few weeks ago.
I skimmed over it but I missed the part about secret deals and kickbacks just like NSW, do I need to re-read it or did you make that part up?

And wasn’t the change of legislation as a result of the council vetoing the arena and it was there way of getting it through?

Back