Opinion New AFC HQ: Send in the Bulldozers! Thebarton is Happening!

What should we do?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
So the promoters who are supporting the proposal are just giving the government bad advice for fun?

when you say “supporting” what form does that take?

I’ve no opinion either way, but supporting a proposal has different levels of commitment

think of bacon and eggs for breakfast:
The chicken is involved but the pig is commmitted.

George Kramer

Premium Platinum
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
when you say “supporting” what form does that take?

I’ve no opinion either way, but supporting a proposal has different levels of commitment

think of bacon and eggs for breakfast:
The chicken is involved but the pig is commmitted.
I can’t find the article but it was the promoters stating it would attract artists that have bypassed Adelaide. Some on here have been stating the opposite.

BrissyCrow

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg & Most Other Tiger Teams
For me I am 100% all in on Brompton.

I'm just not sold on Thebarton and never have been, it's about to located next to an expressway and we'd be putting ourselves back in a position where we're tenants and playing second fiddle to the SANFL.

I would rather us being in complete control over our facilities and our destiny. After going there and seeing what they've done with Plant 4 and the development of that site I think we'd fit in there perfectly and there is a massive amount of public space etc for events and a huge amount of potential.

I will be gutted if we end up being stuck at Thebarton because it will more than likely come with a raft of compromises.

This is most probably the one and only opportunity to get it right so hopefully things fall our way.
For me this is my concern when it comes to Thebby. Dont want to have the SANFL influencing our ability to run our affairs.

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
For me this is my concern when it comes to Thebby. Dont want to have the SANFL influencing our ability to run our affairs.

For me, Thebarton is ok but a distant second and only if the existing deals are re-done to have us as the lead or some agreement where we are equal with the SANFL.

I really don't like the idea of us going there and having them over us, especially no SANFL get the bar at AFLW matches or Crows having to pay them money to use the ground for AFLW games, I'd be asking for the option of SANFL home games and drop the yearly fee too.

CrowMike

Team Captain
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Surely someone has some intel here. With a week until Christmas surely next weeks the announcement.

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
If the decision hasn’t been made how can there be intel?

We have previously said we expect to know this year so you’d think this week if it’s going to happen.
I reckon the decision would be made by now. Maybe not ratified but the decision makers would know who is getting it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back