Opinion New AFC HQ: Send in the Bulldozers! Thebarton is Happening!

What should we do?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

As soon as they opened it up to developers, we were always a long shot. What are they going to choose? A club facility, or a hotel and retail premises that will bring money into the economy?

Thebby won't be viable for a while. But I think we can hang on at West Lakes until it is?

As soon as they opened it up to developers, we were always a long shot. What are they going to choose? A club facility, or a hotel and retail premises that will bring money into the economy?

Thebby won't be viable for a while. But I think we can hang on at West Lakes until it is?
I believe our lease at West Lakes runs to 2035 or something like that.

Go back to the ACC
head-wall-gif.1317029

If Brompton is out, then stay where we are until something better comes along. Absolutely no point moving from our nearly finished construction site, to a newly created one.
I genuinely believe there are better options available down the track, we just have to be smarter about how we tackle it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now we can run back to our former overlord with our tail between our legs asking to go back under their auspices.

If the eventual outcome is that we end up as a sub-tennant at Thebarton playing 2nd fiddle to the SANDFUL again then there's no way to dress it up then as a massive fail.

They should just stay at West Lakes until something better comes along.

I believe our lease at West Lakes runs to 2035 or something like that.

2045. With most of the redevelopment there just about done, I wouldn't object to the current facility being expanded so that the AFL, AFLW and SANFL sides can be accommodated, with a community facility integrated into the expansion.

Well that's dumb..

Surely we just stay at West Lakes now..? Pump a bit of money into upgrading some of the ageing facilities and leave it at that?

Back