Opinion New AFC HQ: Send in the Bulldozers! Thebarton is Happening!

What should we do?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

When does "spruce up West Lakes" become an option?
Cannot happen the lease expires in 2048, If they vacate the lease today they get something back, if they spend money on Football Part they will have nothing to show for it in 2048.
Thebby a way Better option than Football Park. With Brompton being the best Option,

Cannot happen the lease expires in 2048, If they vacate the lease today they get something back, if they spend money on Football Part they will have nothing to show for it in 2048.
Thebby a way Better option than Football Park. With Brompton being the best Option,

Ooooh we better hurry!

Only got 27 years

Ooooh we better hurry!

Only got 27 years
And because it's 27 years we are in a good position to make some hay by leaving the Lease earlier.

Also, it's a single oval that cannot be used for Closed sessions, Cannot be used for any AFLW, SANFL, and AFL trial Games, and next year will be open to public use when the Crows are not using it.

With 3 teams the Crows need a base that has the ability to contain 2 ovals

And because it's 27 years we are in a good position to make some hay by leaving the Lease earlier.

Also, it's a single oval that cannot be used for Closed sessions, Cannot be used for any AFLW, SANFL, and AFL trial Games, and next year will be open to public use when the Crows are not using it.

Sorry, yes I know you're right

I was just distracted because I thought the Strikers were about to flush one down the toilet!

Is one oval that much of an issue?

Because the facilities are absolutely ready to go, unlike every other option. Surely the building site nature of Thebby will be a bigger issue.

Is one oval that much of an issue?

Because the facilities are absolutely ready to go, unlike every other option. Surely the building site nature of Thebby will be a bigger issue.
With 3 teams one oval will cause some problems, more so if it is a Shared public space.
Thebby comes with 2 ovals albeit the 2nd oval will take 10 years,
Brompton I am Unsure but it big enough for two ovals

One thing I have not found any info on is will Brompton be OK for AFLW and SANFL games
Because one would hope the Crows use their own home ground for these two teams.

With 3 teams one oval will cause some problems, more so if it is a Shared public space.
Thebby comes with 2 ovals albeit the 2nd oval will take 10 years,
Brompton I am Unsure but it big enough for two ovals

One thing I have not found any info on is will Brompton be OK for AFLW and SANFL games
Because one would hope the Crows use their own home ground for these two teams.
So for the next 10 years , if we choose Thebarton, it will be a 1 oval ground between 3 teams?

So for the next 10 years , if we choose Thebarton, it will be a 1 oval ground between 3 teams?
Yes, but don't forget it will be a fenced Oval with no Public access, the 2nd ground in about 10 years will be Open to the Public.
Brompton I am unsure, at this time as Have not seen the design but the room for at worse an Oval and a half. There talk about Public Access. But Unsure if they are talking about the main Oval.
Football Park 1 oval for 27 years, But full public Access when the crows are not using the ground from 2023.

Also, We will only choose Thebby If the Brompton site falls thru, and Thebby for the next 100+ years is better than Football Park for the next 27 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AA Sports Show said we are down to the final 2 and are ready to turn soil the next day if we win the bid.
If we have that detailed plans, to start the build immediately we have won Brompton.

No way you spend the money on proper build plans for a tender proposal.

Although it is 5AA.....

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we have that detailed plans, to start the build immediately we have won Brompton.

No way you spend the money on proper build plans for a tender proposal.

Although it is 5AA.....

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
To be fair the first thing that will be done is remediation, they don’t need building plans to do that

The real question is in 27 years time, will we still be relying on Darren Jarman GF videos

Probably.

Lets see our rookie senior coach last about 3 years so after we go through another 9 rookie senior coaches (making it 16 rookie senior coaches in a row) we might look at trying something else.

Probably.

Lets see our rookie senior coach last about 3 years so after we go through another 9 rookie senior coaches (making it 16 rookie senior coaches in a row) we might look at trying something else.
I am more optimistic

I do believe within 10 years we will be at a big footy catch up getting pissed after a 10 goal GF win.

Back