Jerome

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows, Centrals
I have been busy examining the new AFC site. While the banner looks good, it's info overkill on the front page and it seems to me that the AFL is telling us all about the club rather than the club itself. I have no problems with the news stories being featured, but I do appreciate hearing from Matt, Phil and Steve on the site.

My main concern is that I cannot find the members area or Crows forum. Has anyone had any luck in this dept?

Jerome

I'm experiencing strange things on the AFC site. Sometimes I get the old site, and sometimes I get the new one! I just type www.afc.com.au rather than using "favourites" and it's pot luck which site comes up.

Don't like the new one much, but then I'm not a great one for change. I'm with you Jerome, couldn't find anything like the old forum, and when I clicked on "chat" there was nothing in there. Hopefully it's only teething problems.

What is this $50 people are talking about? I haven't seen anything about paying to enter the new site.

This just in from Phil Harper (I have such great connections)

"We know that there is only a chat room at this stage. We are doing
everything in our powers to have a forum it may take a while to add
something like this. I will keep members posted on the website. We were
advised of this fact but are continuing to push to have this valuable
service on our site."

Well, I'll be hopping mad if we don't get a forum!!! What will I do without my contact with fellow Crowsters? I guess we'll just have to post here more.

Originally posted by Crow54
Well, I'll be hopping mad if we don't get a forum!!!

Me too and if the AFC had told us we weren't getting a forum we could have made sure everyone on the board knew to come here. Thanks AFC!!!

I've sent an email to the AFL/Telstra feedback people pointing out that our membership of Boundaryline ( and other levels) includes access to a Member's area which includes a Forum. I've pointed out that the new site breaches the terms of my membership. I've asked them what they are going to do about it. I imagine there will be a few people bending their collective ears. There is bound to be 16 different ways the clubs used to arrange their sites that haven't been addressed by Telstra. All they are after are further pots of money for information that should be free. I hate Telstra !!
:( :( :(

DUD SITE

It's useless. The News Ltd articles have not been updated - the story on Bode has been there for days. The player profiles still have'nt been updated. I can't even find out who is in this week's squad! Yet I can find a story about the Dogs and Dockers!

I want my Crows forum!

Frustrating!

Jerome

Any more news on the new web-site? I can't be bothered even going there any more - I can never get into any of the stuff - always getting "page not available....". When I open the chat room a huge blank screen with a Crows logo appears and that's it.

Zorba reporting in.

Thaks Crow54 for pointing out this site to me(us) on the Crow website......Ive read a few of the posts and this site appears better than the Crow website....more open and realistic views!!!! This is my first posting.....hope I haven't St...ed it up?:)

Has everyone else received letters from the Club this week? I was impressed with the letter from Warren Randall, Members Rep. I thought it was a good move by the AFC to promote him the way it has. I think it shows that they are listing to the forum members who requested that the Members Rep be more accessible.

He should have his contact details on the site. Now that the forum has gone (for the minute anyway) does anyone know what is happening with the partition for the Shed functions? Or the Forum members corner of the Shed?

Jerome

AFC Forum

I'm still able to post on the Crows forum website....in fact I left a quick hello to Crow 54 just to satisfy my own curiousity.....I'm able to access either thru my old shortcut or the newer AFL rubbish one...so I'm a little confused as to why others are not able to do the same??????:confused:

It's very strange - I still get the old site when I type www.afc.com.au in the Address bar - but occasionally the new site pops up. And once or twice when I've clicked on the Crows logo on the AFL site, the old Crows site comes up too! Can't work out what's going on. Zorba, I've replied to your message on the old forum.

And no Jerome, I haven't received anything from the Crows yet. The thing that 's disappointing about not having a forum on the new site, is that we had a very good thing going with S Sanders, P Harper and M Robran. That was really great - almost instant feedback from the Club. And I think Phil enjoyed it too. So I hope they come up with something along the same lines.

Zorba, well I tried to reply to your message on the old forum, but when I checked, I saw that that old frustrating thing came up - "error - page could not be found". Grrrrr.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows New Website

Well Crow 54 and other frustrated Crow fans......I have at last linked to to the new site...what a waste of time.....wish someone knew what the hell they were doing.....quite frankly the site sucks:mad: ......as everyone else is LOUDLY ASKING, where is the forum that we have all come to love....GET IT BACK.....not only is the site poorly thought threw, but also has heaps of mistakes and omissions...I agree Crow54 Grrrr.:mad: :mad:

Re: Zorba reporting in.

Originally posted by Zorba
Thaks Crow54 for pointing out this site to me(us) on the Crow website......Ive read a few of the posts and this site appears better than the Crow website....more open and realistic views!!!! This is my first posting.....hope I haven't St...ed it up?:)

Velcome Zorba. This ****s in AFC forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back