Scandal New AFL Sex Scandal - wife of "industry executive" with "prominent footy figure"

Remove this Banner Ad

CupsKing

Debutant
Oct 7, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A FOOTY figure is embroiled in allegations that he had an affair with the partner of a close professional colleague.

The married football figure’s alleged romantic entanglement has also ended his friendship with the colleague who worked in the industry.

Whistleblowers have told Page 13 that the industry executive was devastated when he learned of his partner’s trysts with the prominent footy figure which, several sources say, lasted for several years.

It is understood the two men had worked together on some projects and were personal friends.

Page 13 was contacted about the alleged affair by one of about a dozen key operators in the football world who are understood to be aware of the explosive claims.

Asked about the issue, the footy colleague said he did not wish to comment. He would only say: “I am no longer in touch with him. We don’t talk anymore.”

The footy figure was allegedly seen by neighbours entering and exiting his colleague’s house several times when he was away — including scurrying away via the rear lane way after being interrupted during one liaison with his colleague’s partner in 2013.

It is claimed that the footy figure had also joked with his industry colleague that he planned to hook up with his partner.

And he asked him for photographs of the woman and made several crude references to having sex.

The alleged affair is also discussed in a text exchange, which has been seen by Page 13, between a workmate of the alleged footy philanderer and the industry colleague.

In one text, the workmate mentions the accused footy cheat’s name, before saying to the industry colleague: “s**t. Let me know if I can help mate.”

The simmering issue, which has been bubbling below the surface for a number of years, has emerged just months after two senior AFL executives were forced to quit over affairs.

AFL football operations manager Simon Lethlean was forced to resign over an affair with young Sydney-based staffer Maddi Blomberg, the girlfriend of rugby union star Kurtley Beale. Commercial manager Richard Simkiss stood down over an affair with Ali Gronow, legal counsel at AFL House in Docklands.

The Lethlean and Simkiss affairs became public after leaks from whistleblowers, concerned by that organisation’s treatment of women.

Watch this space.

Got something to tell us? Email page13@news.com.au

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/pa...d/news-story/904ea5a26d5c7fb661848a9f5ab2426e

Last edited:

A FOOTY figure is embroiled in allegations that he had an affair with the partner of a close professional colleague.

The married football figure’s alleged romantic entanglement has also ended his friendship with the colleague who worked in the industry.

Whistleblowers have told Page 13 that the industry executive was devastated when he learned of his partner’s trysts with the prominent footy figure which, several sources say, lasted for several years.

It is understood the two men had worked together on some projects and were personal friends.

Page 13 was contacted about the alleged affair by one of about a dozen key operators in the football world who are understood to be aware of the explosive claims.

Asked about the issue, the footy colleague said he did not wish to comment. He would only say: “I am no longer in touch with him. We don’t talk anymore.”

The footy figure was allegedly seen by neighbours entering and exiting his colleague’s house several times when he was away — including scurrying away via the rear lane way after being interrupted during one liaison with his colleague’s partner in 2013.

It is claimed that the footy figure had also joked with his industry colleague that he planned to hook up with his partner.

And he asked him for photographs of the woman and made several crude references to having sex.

The alleged affair is also discussed in a text exchange, which has been seen by Page 13, between a workmate of the alleged footy philanderer and the industry colleague.

In one text, the workmate mentions the accused footy cheat’s name, before saying to the industry colleague: “s**t. Let me know if I can help mate.”

The simmering issue, which has been bubbling below the surface for a number of years, has emerged just months after two senior AFL executives were forced to quit over affairs.

AFL football operations manager Simon Lethlean was forced to resign over an affair with young Sydney-based staffer Maddi Blomberg, the girlfriend of rugby union star Kurtley Beale. Commercial manager Richard Simkiss stood down over an affair with Ali Gronow, legal counsel at AFL House in Docklands.

The Lethlean and Simkiss affairs became public after leaks from whistleblowers, concerned by that organisation’s treatment of women.

Watch this space.

Got something to tell us? Email page13@news.com.au

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/pa...d/news-story/904ea5a26d5c7fb661848a9f5ab2426e

Seriously who contacts a newspaper to tell them this s**t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

football figure, industry executive, footy colleague. Just name their position or even better, don't publish an article that has absolutely zero substance.

* I hate 'journalism' in the new era, and they wonder why they are scraping for food as their industry falls apart.

People **** who cares

It's at least another 14 months until the next season of game of thrones. Jarryd Hayne is nowhere to be sited. And Colon Magegor won't be talked about for at least another 10 minutes.

We need scandals like this AFL sex thing to fill the voids inbetween the main events in our lives (the ones mentioned above).

What is this s**t? o_O

The HS should just accelerate its decent into irrelevance and start splashing front page news about Nazi space bases on the dark side of the moon, and 'aliens got me pregnant' stories. At least that guff would be good for a laugh.

"älleged footy philanderer....

does that mean he had an affair with a Sherrin?

Reminds me of that episode in the Goodies when Graham Garden fell in love with his computer.....

24792.jpg

What is this s**t? o_O

The HS should just accelerate its decent into irrelevance and start splashing front page news about Nazi space bases on the dark side of the moon, and 'aliens got me pregnant' stories. At least that guff would be good for a laugh.

I've seen both those movies, Iron Sky and Xtro, based on actual events, you obviously have no idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back