New AFL website - how bad is it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 6, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Each year the AFL change their website and manage to find ways to make it worse than before. How long does it take to load with all those useless graphics and video ads. This year I can't even get it to load game day live. It doesn't have the features that it did in the past (each year it loses some more without replacing them with anything that the fans actually want. Just more annoying advertising and less information. Dang I'm so P****D with them I could fill a book with my dissatisfaction with the money grabbing, footy fan ignoring administration of the AFL.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Is it just me behaving like a Carlton supporter who finds out that the Salary Cap isn't just a guide and that no matter how much you tank you can't have the first 22 picks in the draft or do others think the AFL site is C**P too.
I live in Wait Awhile and so far this season when the coverage of games is delayed by several hours I can't get the Gameday Live feature to function and haven't been able to at all this season. In previous seasons I've used it to get scores and updates some 3 plus hours before our coverage starts. If the Wet Coke Eagles or the shockers are playing there's no coverage of any other games, so without the AFL giving me live score updates I've got nothing. Great way to increase footy following around Australia you idiots.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I had similar problems with Game Day live but have found if you click about half a cm above the v it loads every time.

Yes I'd rather they just had a simple orderly list of features to click on, instead of squinting thorugh all the useless eye-candy all teh time to try and find what you're lookign for (if it even is there anymore).
another small thing - club sites no longr have a link at the top bakc to the afl page, which is odd. Probably some sleazy deal with the Telstra monopoly to try to force us to go back via the telstra pages.

I've had trouble getting game day live, but I managed last time, can't remember how. As far as I know that's ridiculously the only way to get to live net-radio coverage, and that's what I mainly use it for.

The new site is pathetic. How many more millions of $$$ do they need to make to have a half decent website?? Demetriou and his Cronies, you are a bunch of incompetant wanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back