Welcome New (and old) BigFooty Cats supporters - introduce yourself here!

Remove this Banner Ad

:) Welcome, whysoyou!
I've been meaning to ask the origin of your name. How did you come to choose it?
Thank you :) Regarding my name, it came to me while I was imagining a conversation I would have with someone whom I find incredibly irritating (don't judge), don't really know why I chose it as my name for this forum, though, it just came to me and I stuck with it. It's also, I guess, a slight reference to the Joker

Thank you :) Regarding my name, it came to me while I was imagining a conversation I would have with someone whom I find incredibly irritating (don't judge), don't really know why I chose it as my name for this forum, though, it just came to me and I stuck with it. It's also, I guess, a slight reference to the Joker

You will find a few here to use 'whysoyou' on, I'm sure, WSY :)

G'Day people, like a lot of others, I have read regularly for years without ever joining in. Been a cat man for all of my 40 odd years and there will only ever be one Gary Ablett and he retired in the 90's after that tool Ayres played him in the twos! (I'm not ready to let that die just yet!). Hopefully I can contribute a little along the way.

Hey guys been reading these forums for a few years now, decided its time to debut.

My names Carey, been a cats lover all my 21 years after its been passed down the line from a Great Grandad who played for Geelong West and occasionally for Geelong Resi's. Got Cattas

Hey guys been reading these forums for a few years now, decided its time to debut.

My names Carey, been a cats lover all my 21 years after its been passed down the line from a Great Grandad who played for Geelong West and occasionally for Geelong Resi's. Got Cattas
welcome on board

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi,
After just lurking in the background for a year, I think I should introduce myself. I've been following the Cats for well over 60 years and some of my earliest memories are getting up before dawn in Geelong, driving on the old single lane highway to Melbourne and queueing up with Mum & Dad at the MCG to watch The Cats win the 51 & 52 Grand Finals. We also used to go to all the home & away games in Geelong & Melbourne. I was there again with a mate in 1963 & again in 1967 with my wife. So as you can see I've been with the club through many ups and downs. I enjoy going to the games at Kardinia Park & watching the rest on Foxtel. I enjoy the variety of comments on this board. Perhaps I should now start contributing to the discussion!

Hi,
After just lurking in the background for a year, I think I should introduce myself. I've been following the Cats for well over 60 years and some of my earliest memories are getting up before dawn in Geelong, driving on the old single lane highway to Melbourne and queueing up with Mum & Dad at the MCG to watch The Cats win the 51 & 52 Grand Finals. We also used to go to all the home & away games in Geelong & Melbourne. I was there again with a mate in 1963 & again in 1967 with my wife. So as you can see I've been with the club through many ups and downs. I enjoy going to the games at Kardinia Park & watching the rest on Foxtel. I enjoy the variety of comments on this board. Perhaps I should now start contributing to the discussion!
Welcome, Dillybag! I look forward to hearing more about the old times and your thoughts on changes throughout the years you can recall (guess you'd have been too young to remember some ;)). Just fire away whenever you get the chance!

I'm sure there are many here who'd love to have you contribute to this thread, in particular!
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/past-players-thread.1081223/#rqtF2MkIu2MWWCG6.97

It has just occurred to me, also, that I should introduce myself.

I'm not Johnny really, but Phil. Been a Geelong supporter since '67 and went to all the finals that year and a few other games as well. Saw enough losing finals that 2007 seemed somewhat surreal but have absolutely loved the era we've just had. Don't think the next one is too far away - I love the culture of the club and feel that it's run better than any other AFL club, or the country for that matter.

Favourite players have been a pair of 5s, Farmer and Ablett, but I think the current number 5 might work out pretty well, too. Love all the current players, and am sorry to see Stokesy, Kel and maybe a couple of others go, but football is just like life, really, innit?

Put the mozz on them this year, going to the first Hawthorn, Melbourne and later Collingwood games. Sorry about that.

Enjoy reading the impassioned debate among impassioned fans on this forum.

I'm not Johnny really, but Phil. Been a Geelong supporter since '67 and went to all the finals that year and a few other games as well. Saw enough losing finals that 2007 seemed somewhat surreal but have absolutely loved the era we've just had. Don't think the next one is too far away - I love the culture of the club and feel that it's run better than any other AFL club, or the country for that matter.

Favourite players have been a pair of 5s, Farmer and Ablett, but I think the current number 5 might work out pretty well, too. Love all the current players, and am sorry to see Stokesy, Kel and maybe a couple of others go, but football is just like life, really, innit?

Put the mozz on them this year, going to the first Hawthorn, Melbourne and later Collingwood games. Sorry about that.

It's a pleasure to meet you, johnnyscarecrow! ;)

I think you and I should get together and go to a string of games. I, too, am guilty of being at games that we've lost. Pies 2013 and Eagles 2015. Two negatives should cancel each other out and we'd get the win, don't you think? :p

funny about the moxx comment - more than once I've turned off the tv/radio "just to help the team" ....

funny about the moxx comment - more than once I've turned off the tv/radio "just to help the team" ....
I remember once driving out of Grandma's place, we put the radio on and the Geelong lead was whittled from five goals to two in the space of a few minutes. We looked at each other, went "s**t!" and dived for the CD stacker...

EDIT: For those familiar with the John Harms book, "Loose Men Everywhere" - it's a bit like when he's in the right hand lane of the highway in a shitbox Corona when Geelong boots a goal or two from about six down in Sydney, so he stays doggedly in that lane flat-out doing 90 while the Cats get out of jail

I can't remember whether I introduced myself on here when I first joined. But since I'm active again I'll do it anyway.

Name's Mitch, 22 y.o. student, Cat fan relatively recently, 2004or5 dad took me to my first game where we got pumped by the Hawks (of course) on a miserable day at Simonds.

Massive fan ever since usually go to 10+ games a year as well as a couple of neutral games too. Was lucky enough to get tix to all three winning grannies in the club lotto. (missed out on 08 tix :thumbsu:)

Massive Harry fan since his debut. Signed #7 top, etc. So pretty defensive about big H but overall try to be pretty realistic in analysing the club. Also big Dunc, Caddy and Cockatoo fan.

From what I've read you guys seem like a fairly switched on lot, so excited to join the conversation about what should be Geelong's most exciting off-season in years.

Oh and **** the Hawks.;)

Hello everyone,I'm a long time Geelong fan,since the early sixties actually and was once a social club member. I have recently retired and
now live in Bright in the northeast of Vic. My party piece is naming the Cats 63 premiership side including 19th and 20th and then getting into
side arguments of how we were robbed by umpiring in 67. I have been jolted into action by reading the Crows board regarding Dangerfield,boy
some of those poor sods are close to breakdown.
Looking forward to the future and communicating with you all.

Hello everyone,I'm a long time Geelong fan,since the early sixties actually and was once a social club member. I have recently retired and
now live in Bright in the northeast of Vic. My party piece is naming the Cats 63 premiership side including 19th and 20th and then getting into
side arguments of how we were robbed by umpiring in 67. I have been jolted into action by reading the Crows board regarding Dangerfield,boy
some of those poor sods are close to breakdown.
Looking forward to the future and communicating with you all.

That's a pretty mean feat, ijaxcat! I hope you can also recite jumper numbers. :D

Welcome!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back