Welcome New (and old) BigFooty Cats supporters - introduce yourself here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello everyone!

Been posting for a bit already, but just saw this now and thought I’d pop in.

Been a Cats fan since I got into footy in the early 2000s. I was around 11ish as none of my family liked AFL, so I came to it later than most. Lived in Lara for a bit, then Williamstown and later Grovedale, going to Joeys. Only realised Luke Dahlhaus was there same time as me a few weeks ago haha (year below I think). Played wing or pocket/HFF due to being (relatively) small and quick.

Moved to Canberra in 2009 so missed going to the footy every other week during our golden era, and being north of the Barrassi Line I fell out of touch with it a bit once I finished uni. Only got back on here via mates badgering me about Supercoach this year and me having no clue haha. Migrated over here when that board died at the end of the season.

Loving the vibe here at the moment, and some very knowledgeable posters! I’m a teacher/PhD student and therefore hate people drawing conclusions from no evidence, so I picked the perfect time to join the board! Hopefully I haven’t been too annoying. ;)

Oh, and my dad is also Stephen Wells, hence the name...

...ok, not that Stephen Wells, but still. ;)
Welcome!

Hello everyone!

Been a Cats fan since I got into footy in the early 2000s. I was around 11ish as none of my family liked AFL, so I came to it later than most. Lived in Lara for a bit, then Williamstown and later Grovedale, going to Joeys. Only realised Luke Dahlhaus was there same time as me a few weeks ago haha (year below I think). Played wing or pocket/HFF due to being (relatively) small and quick.

Moved to Canberra in 2009 so missed going to the footy every other week during our golden era, and being north of the Barrassi Line I fell out of touch with it a bit once I finished uni. Only got back on here via mates badgering me about Supercoach this year and me having no clue haha. Migrated over here when that board died at the end of the season.

Loving the vibe here at the moment, and some very knowledgeable posters! I’m a teacher/PhD student and therefore hate people drawing conclusions from no evidence, so I picked the perfect time to join the board! Hopefully I haven’t been too annoying. ;)

Welcome!!

A great intro, but I'm stunned you've survived 9 Canberra winters so far :eek:

I just got outta there after 5 years because I couldn't handle them any more.

Welcome!!

A great intro, but I'm stunned you've survived 9 Canberra winters so far :eek:

I just got outta there after 5 years because I couldn't handle them any more.
Where’d you go mate?

Hello everyone!

Yesss, another Canberra Cat :D

(Okay so I'm not technically living in Canberra, but still)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah yes, love Yass. Didn’t much enjoy getting thumped by your footy club on that postage stamp you call a ground though :p
You are talking to the wrong guy about local footy... the only competition I'm even aware of is the 9s comp I play in, and the only thing I can tell you from that is I am not very good at 9s.

Hi everyone.
New to the online thing, just wanted to say hi. I’ve said hi too much.
Um..
Love footy in general, love SuperCoach and associated fantasy games.
Enjoy football related stuff.
I may need to be pulled into line at times, the price you pay for passion.
The username is an apt description.
Um..

Go Cats!

RC

Hi everyone.
Um..
Um..

Go Cats!

RC

Well welcome to you...enjoy and keep it fun. I'm sure you'll fit in well.... :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Hi everyone.
Um..
Um..

Go Cats!

RC
Welcome. Given you are "new" here and "may need to be pulled into line at times"

I suggest you spend some time here to assist with your "transition"

Being new can be a Harrowing experience.

GO Catters

Last edited:
All good, I don’t technically live in Canberra either anymore, I’m a filthy Queanbeyan imposter ;)
I slept in the old EH for a few nights in Queanbeyan middle of winter around late 60s maybe early 70s when I was running away from Geelong and the world,second coldest I have ever been the little river or creek where I'd pulled up had ice over it.The coldest I've been was in Ballarat cuddled up to a cannon in a park in winter,I think it was part of one of my bucks nights,so pissed but still felt the cold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back