Rumour new apparel sponsor?

You might find them already partnered with an AFL Club that has teal in their colour pallete.

Nevermind that they went bankrupt a few years back leaving employees out if pocket and clubs without kit.

Port are ISC.....

But I assume you are talking BLK which to best of my knowledge are now Part of XBlades.

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
Shipping to the US is ridiculous, so I don't buy anything. If anyone is going to the shop and would be willing to buy me some discounted stuff (shirts, etc...) and then send it, I can paypal you the money. PM me! I would love some Dockers gear for Christmas.

May 11, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Via facsimile is my guess.
Bloke that runs it all is a bonafide sook, had a Facebook comment crack at a mate of mine who just celebrating that he'd got a goal umpire gig (and it had non Sekem branding because they'd lost the contract).

Hopefully Freo gear isn't as absolutely dire as the umpire gear was that year - because my exposure to them (and being forced to wear obviously substandard material compared to years previously / BLK) made me think they're embarrassing frauds that produce cheap and sell high.

Where's that jobs for the boys poster that was having sook about Boyd, because this right here is definitely jobs for the boys.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Where's that jobs for the boys poster that was having sook about Boyd, because this right here is definitely jobs for the boys.
Wasn't having a sook was just bringing up a point that is fair enough

How is this jobs for the boys? We are bringing in an outside company with no links to the club for this venture

May 11, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wasn't having a sook was just bringing up a point that is fair enough

How is this jobs for the boys? We are bringing in an outside company with no links to the club for this venture
Burley Sekem are an inferior low quality WA brand, I know this because the downgrade on their umpire gear was a monumental huge difference (seriously it's complete an utter tripe when you compare BLK then the change to Sekem made - it's a flat out joke). The only reason they'd ever be in with a sniff is because they're WA based and there would be connections that allowed this to happen.

I truly mean this from the bottom of my heart Burley Sekem is shithouse quality and can only be a race to the bottom. They will make inferior corner cutting goods and the only innovation they will bring is how they can make Bali replica quality gear.

Put it this way, I hated my Sekem gear so much that when my car got stolen and had my BLK kit bag in it? I was genuinely sad I was going to have to wear Sekem moving forward.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Burley Sekem are an inferior low quality WA brand, I know this because the downgrade on their umpire gear was a monumental huge difference (seriously it's complete an utter tripe when you compare BLK then the change to Sekem made - it's a flat out joke). The only reason they'd ever be in with a sniff is because they're WA based and there would be connections that allowed this to happen.

I truly mean this from the bottom of my heart Burley Sekem is shithouse quality and can only be a race to the bottom. They will make inferior corner cutting goods and the only innovation they will bring is how they can make Bali replica quality gear.

Put it this way, I hated my Sekem gear so much that when my car got stolen and had my BLK kit bag in it? I was genuinely sad I was going to have to wear Sekem moving forward.
Can't be great then if they are worse than BLK, who are terrible in their own right.

Still no need to reference my legit opinion in another thread though

OWAAT69

Debutant
Aug 4, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can't be great then if they are worse than BLK, who are terrible in their own right.

Still no need to reference my legit opinion in another thread though
....For what it's worth burley sekem are owned by Kookaburra. When I last purchased I always found their cricket and hockey gear/equipment to be top notch.

clivenator26

Premiership Player
Jun 17, 2009
Latex Condo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Aston Villa
F66485B6-CFC4-4594-A59E-6FC4CF759505.png

Last edited:
Back