Remove this Banner Ad

Handsome_Jack

All Australian
Dec 31, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, Arizona Cardinals
The collar is really dividing opinion hey? I personally think it's class and I'm going to have to get one this year I think.

Interstater

Bruce Light fan club
Jun 7, 2015
SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The collar is really dividing opinion hey? I personally think it's class and I'm going to have to get one this year I think.
Going to be hard to say this in a way that makes sense but when looking at the collar if you focus on it being an extension of the black collar itself rather than as being a cut-in to the white or teal chevron then its ok.

Its like one of those pictures where you see the young girl or the grandmother.

simba_

ask me how to use this space for advertising
Jun 2, 2009
50XX
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, mew2king, Utah Jazz
i feel like the chevron cutting into the collar is so bad it warrants an explanation from the manufacturers but i guess most people won't really mind?

NoddyHolder

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2014
Tralfamadore
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Historically we've never really been a floppy collar club so the faux floppy collar is extra pointless. There's no nostalgia being tapped into, like there might be for one of the vfl clubs who had floppy collars on their woollen guernseys in the past.

The old long sleeve versions of our guernsey don't count for me in this argument because I always felt irritated by them as they were too different to our primary guernsey - too many bars and the white panel on the back extending to the top. I accept that some of you might have loved them

Grave Danger

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Historically we've never really been a floppy collar club so the faux floppy collar is extra pointless. There's no nostalgia being tapped into, like there might be for one of the vfl clubs who had floppy collars on their woollen guernseys in the past.

The old long sleeve versions of our guernsey don't count for me in this argument because I always felt irritated by them as they were too different to our primary guernsey - too many bars and the white panel on the back extending to the top. I accept that some of you might have loved them

The archives collection book brought back those annual team photos, usually wearing the woollen long sleeved jumpers and I never liked the look of them compared to the lace-ups. Often there'd be two or three different versions in the one photo - some with lots more bars, some with the horizontal bar too low down, etc.

GremioPower

SFA S29 Premiership Player
May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Indians (MLB)
Historically we've never really been a floppy collar club so the faux floppy collar is extra pointless.
The supplier develops a basic frame, then applies it to the club’s jumpers. I have seen Grêmio’s shirt suffering a lot worse because of that.

In 2009, for instance, we got this from Puma:
1613797637267.jpeg

That’s the worst collar ever.

Interstater

Bruce Light fan club
Jun 7, 2015
SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The supplier develops a basic frame, then applies it to the club’s jumpers. I have seen Grêmio’s shirt suffering a lot worse because of that.

In 2009, for instance, we got this from Puma:
View attachment 1061727
That’s the worst collar ever.
Did Gremio get permission from Eddie for those black and white vertical stripes?

GremioPower

SFA S29 Premiership Player
May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Indians (MLB)
Did Gremio get permission from Eddie for those black and white vertical stripes?
In 2020, we had Botafogo, Atlético Mineiro, Ceará, Corinthians, and Santos with either home or away black and white vertical stripes in our main division:
1613798691754.jpeg

1613798759869.jpeg

1613798837590.jpeg

1613799916446.jpeg

1613798901815.jpeg
How could we have survived that, right?!

Last edited:

Interstater

Bruce Light fan club
Jun 7, 2015
SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duck Farmer

Est. 1820
Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots, Mitchelton-Scott

El_Scorcho

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Was it Dylan8 who fetishised the cuffs, or was it El_Scorcho?

Whomever it was, they were right. Looks great.
Dylan wanted to see white cuffs on the home guernsey.

I definitely think contrasting cuffs work well with our guernseys. Gives it a little bit more.

Tredz

Club Legend
Apr 30, 2011
Brisbane, QLD
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Utah Jazz

Dylan8

Bar Up
Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC

Interstater

Bruce Light fan club
Jun 7, 2015
SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The range includes both the home and clash guernseys along with black, white and the new coral coloured training guernseys. :oops:

Coral eh, that narrows it down ..

1613861356691.png

Christoffarken

Schrodinkley's Cat
Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Maggies, Spurs, Raiders?
I kind of like the training zigzag ones, considering getting one for myself to wear when I go running

But that MG logo just a bit big for my liking

I'm annoyed I didn't grab one of last year's with the monogram

Eddie Dingle

Some more cheese please
Apr 16, 2007
Joppa Road
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I kind of like the training zigzag ones, considering getting one for myself to wear when I go running

But that MG logo just a bit big for my liking

I'm annoyed I didn't grab one of last year's with the monogram
Is that you in the photo behind Leinert when you realised you missed out on the monogram jumper?

Remove this Banner Ad