News Apparel Supplier: Macron

Remove this Banner Ad

Goes to look at hyped up new range. Excited to look and bang...... not available till 16th March on all the jumpers/jackets.... what a let down.

Goes to look at hyped up new range. Excited to look and bang...... not available till 16th March on all the jumpers/jackets.... what a let down.

I'm trying to pre-order some gear and it says it can't deliver to my address which is in metropolitan Adelaide. It also doesn't seem to be adding the club membership discount either. That doesn't matter though when you can't even make the pre-order because it somehow can't be delivered to metropolitan Adelaide ...

Jeez, not really feeling the retails on the site, the logos look too far apart (which could just be the angle) and the jock tag just looks wrong. Glad the PI's look great though. Shame $125 is the new norm for guernseys though, bit of a rip off and I can get the ISC jumper which I preferred for $59 but ah well, it's worth whatever people are willing to pay for it. Still, as this is Macron's first stint with an AFL team it's a very respectable shot. The Port logos on the lower back are really subtle which is nice, a very good implementation of a watermark. I'm giving Macron a 7/10 at this point, ISC would be an 8/10 in my books.

I'm trying to pre-order some gear and it says it can't deliver to my address which is in metropolitan Adelaide. It also doesn't seem to be adding the club membership discount either. That doesn't matter though when you can't even make the pre-order because it somehow can't be delivered to metropolitan Adelaide ...
Ah it did that for the new hats the other week for me. Send them a message and they will fix that quickly.

I'd be keen to preorder, but the mock up illustrations just aren't a good enough image to go by re- the look and quality.

There's one jacket which Jonas has a photo with that looks good in the image, but horrible in the photo of Jonas.

Coral number revealed...

6036d691efb29.jpg

How do Macron sizes compare to ISC?

From that chart, I drop down an X which is always welcome for my self esteem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the zigzag training guernseys. If this is an intentional black diamond corner reference then full marks to Macron for that. It’s a unique pattern that we should use more often and works very well alongside the chevrons IMO, which are kinda just half zigzags anyway.

So does that make them... zigs? Or perhaps zags?

whoakeanu.jpg

Love the zigzag training guernseys. If this is an intentional black diamond corner reference then full marks to Macron for that. It’s a unique pattern that we should use more often and works very well alongside the chevrons IMO, which are kinda just half zigzags anyway.

whoakeanu.jpg
Hopefully it is intentional

1614214154090.png

I believe the black diamond thing is intentional. Funnily enough I was working on some AFL equivalents of NBA City uniforms and I was going to use the Black Diamond corner for inspiration. The coral training jumper looks beautiful, I love that more than having a teal one tbh. The teal ISC training jumper had the creed in white on the teal base rather than the watermarked version on the black and white ones.

The chevrons are far too big and go down too low.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
It's a bit like how they keep trashing the PBs and making them look crap by lowering the crossbar, now we're growing the Chevrons and making them take up far more than just the top half of the guernsey.

whoakeanu.jpg

I can think of another pattern that's unique to Port Adelaide, but the current lodgers at AFL House seem to regard it as akin to the swastika :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back