News Apparel Supplier: Macron

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC

The Port Adelaide Football Club is delighted to welcome leading international sportswear brand Macron as its new technical apparel partner for the next four years. The long-term partnership signals Macron’s entry into Australia’s biggest sports market and is an important step in Macron’s global growth strategy.

The new Port Adelaide guernsey will use the exclusive Armevo fabric, designed to be durable, lightweight and body fitting as well as suitable for all weather conditions. Some of the leading Rugby nations in the world are partnered by Macron and the new AFL match guernseys will use a combination of their unique materials and design features.

The new range will also feature Port Adelaide’s 150th anniversary logo, initially introduced this year as part of the club’s celebrations . Mr Richardson said the feedback from all key stakeholders including members, corporate partners and players was to retain the new logo for 2021 and beyond.

The Port Adelaide Macron range is expected to arrive in Australia in January.

Pretty much confirmed by this image on the Port Store site

PS_oline_Caroheader_2021Mem_1900x600.png

The logo syncs pretty tidy with the Vs. Look forward to seeing what kind of gear they make as ISC's was mostly dull and generic.

Last edited:

Feb 12, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Does sync really well with the jumper. It’s a nice, understated logo and I guess as an apparel sponsor, Macron’s a step up from ISC, being a bigger, global company that’s not about to go under.

I also like that the club looks to be using that PB/chevron hybrid as a secondary logo. That and the PA monogram separately work so much better than the sum of their parts, as much as the new logo has grown on me.

Are they making jumpers?? Do they come up with BS excuses that they can't make any more PB jumpers? Do they need 6 months lead time to put a *in sponsors logo on our jumper? That's all i'm interested in.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Our they making jumpers?? Do they come up with BS excuses that they can't make any more PB jumpers? Do they need 6 months lead time to put a fu**in sponsors logo on our jumper? That's all i'm interested in.

If theya re smart they would have the prison bars ready for tomorrow and make it a part of the announcement along with a statement saying they support BBTB.

Maximum goodwill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
I didn't mind Macron when they were Aston Villa's manufacturer a few years back. Solid but unspectacular, certainly a bigger global name than ISC.

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Curious to see how they go making an AFL guernsey. All the examples of the other kits they make tend to be a different kind of material.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back