News Apparel Supplier: Macron

Remove this Banner Ad

Willsy10

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Still waiting to see this guernsey during a match to give a more concrete opinion on it but I wish we’d go back to the 2014 chevron design, that guernsey is still my favourite of the chevron ones
View attachment 1065075

Judging by this the chevrons definitely have changed. I thought it might’ve just been an optical illusion but it’s definitely got thicker and lower. Can’t really work out why they would need to change it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Can’t really work out why they would need to change it.
To make the guernsies slightly different from one year to the other. It’s a commercial decision. You want people to keep buying those jumpers...

captain ebert

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 6, 2003
Sydney - Northern Beaches
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The players ones look okay, but these off the rack ones in store look like Kmart with the V taking up the majority of the guernsey.

The v should just be in the top half in my opinion.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hope I’m right in assuming they’re the kids sizes - judging by how they’re shorter at left, longer at right, using the same chevron template across all sizes.

Jojay

PISS BLASTERS "RS"
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Don't like what they've done with the jumper and those more prominent chevs. Jumper's out of balance now.

With Macron on board was hoping for the reverse... hoping we got back to the circa 2014 iteration.

On the flip side, the grey/ silver jumper looks *ing mint with the black trim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

captain ebert

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 6, 2003
Sydney - Northern Beaches
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Further observations:
1. The collar cut in/faux collar is not a retro collar throwback at all, it’s a stitched reinforcement to prevent stretching/ripping.
900420D4-7E60-4F4F-B939-AA5148A1A62D.jpeg

2. Check out the difference of chevron scale in these images of Allir. You be the judge.....
1C4C8A69-C66F-43E2-9E35-A2A029F91E4D.jpeg
E6FAC3E8-BE4B-4CE0-8870-10621DC17239.jpeg

Jojay

PISS BLASTERS "RS"
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Still waiting to see this guernsey during a match to give a more concrete opinion on it but I wish we’d go back to the 2014 chevron design, that guernsey is still my favourite of the chevron ones
View attachment 1065075
Agree. Unfortunately the jumper that junior player is wearing in this photo, is now where the home kit is at. Shizenhousen.

Further observations:
1. The collar cut in/faux collar is not a retro collar throwback at all, it’s a stitched reinforcement to prevent stretching/ripping.
View attachment 1066774

The "floppy" (not really floppy) bit doesn't really cut into the chevrons on some players Guernseys, but in others it does. Is it due to the sizing of the Guernseys themselves? Lycett and Aliir would no doubt be rocking bigger sizes than someone like Rockliff, whose Guernsey has got a bad case of it in this photo. You can even see how parts of the round collar seem to be teal on this one, whereas Scotty's and Aliir's don't. Or is it just the angles they are sitting at and they're all the same?

IMG_20210228_092359.jpg

Jojay

PISS BLASTERS "RS"
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It almost looks like the smaller ones are a completely different material with minor differences

The one above has a shadow on the logo and a iron on macron logo

whereas this one looks entirely printed on a different material with a slightly different macron design

1614473499636.png

strange.

Tim Evans Beard

Cancelled
East Side Hawks - Sweet F.A. Chess Club Member
Apr 9, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Does anyone know if a supporter version of the away top as a lace up is possible?

And if not, why not?

As an individual enjoying the middle spread latter life brings, I’d be more inclined to wear a lace up unlaced then a fitted top...

They've basically evened everything out. The MG logo and the Port logo are more in the belly of the chevrons now, and the macron logo is spaced evenly between the neck and the chevrons. All about balance I guess.

The MG logo and the PAFC looks better inside the chevrons, so I can see why they did what they did. But it feels a bit like a compromise guernsey to do all of that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back