New Assistant Coaches for 2023+

Remove this Banner Ad

100% Know that for sure, only need to ask Dalrymple why he left to get that confirmed.

Dalrymple left because he wasn't given the list manager role. It was a big kick in the teeth for him because they gave the role to a very inexperienced person in Sam Power.

It's really not uncommon for coaches to have a big say on some mature aged recruits towards the end of the draft.

Last edited:

AFL clubs will be able to double their spending on mental health and welfare and have the cost fall outside the soft cap on football spending, while the cap itself will rise by $750,000 over the next two years.

The AFL has lifted the soft cap for next year by $500,000 to $6.95 million per club, and by another $250,000 in 2024, which will bring the cap to $7.2 million. Additional spending on mental health and wellbeing will fall outside the soft cap. Additional spending on mental health and wellbeing will fall outside the soft cap

The salaries of female and Indigenous staff will also fall, in part or totally, outside the football soft cap to encourage diversity at clubs.

AFL clubs will be able to double their spending on mental health and welfare and have the cost fall outside the soft cap on football spending, while the cap itself will rise by $750,000 over the next two years.

The AFL has lifted the soft cap for next year by $500,000 to $6.95 million per club, and by another $250,000 in 2024, which will bring the cap to $7.2 million. Additional spending on mental health and wellbeing will fall outside the soft cap. Additional spending on mental health and wellbeing will fall outside the soft cap

The salaries of female and Indigenous staff will also fall, in part or totally, outside the football soft cap to encourage diversity at clubs.
Thanks VD, that's good news.

I'm a great supporter of the soft cap.
images

Keep in mind that this poster said "dunkley is 100% gone, I know this from a very reliable source" just a few days ago

Bags are packed and out the door. He and Adz have had a huge bust up and cancelled the poddy. Don’t think that came from the same poster but I think it was speculated today. It’s a strange place in here sometimes. That said, sometimes people are on the money.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep he was a disciplinarian and ruffled feathers. The players were honed and hardened and guess what....we won a flag. All based on contested ball which what Macca taught the youngsters.
He was the sacrificial rebuild coach, Bevo then came in and Macca's hard coaching came to full fruition.
The roots were planted by Macca.
I don't think Macca would have been successful but he certainly toughened our kids up.
Nice to see you back Macca

Why don't Bulldog members get some kind of allocation for mental health from the AFL? Lord knows we deserve it!

Macca was a campaigner and a sh*t coach. 2014 was as bad as it gets and it is all on him.

However a coach who is not into mindfulness, myotherapy, surfing, St Bede FC, cronyism and generally not a weird aunt would be welcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macca was a campaigner and a sh*t coach. 2014 was as bad as it gets and it is all on him.

However a coach who is not into mindfulness, myotherapy, surfing, St Bede FC, cronyism and generally not a weird aunt would be welcome.

Nothing wrong with myotherapy - unless your weird aunt is the therapist!

"Additional spending on mental health and wellbeing will fall outside the soft cap"

Hire clarko as senior assistant on 1mil a season as a mental health champion, you say?
I like the way you're thinking.

Only small hitch is finding the million bucks. Maybe we could crowd fund it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back