New away Guernsey unveiled

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think the timing of the announcement of the new jumper helped peoples opinions of it.

Everyone had quite a bit of ill feeling towards the club at the time

Hence why it looks better now. People are becoming calmer. IMO anyway

Who the hell says I'm calmer? FFS how can people say that we are %#$&*(&%^ calmer! You think my @#&^@! sate of mind has cooled $#$%^&*& down! the assumption that things have ^&*^%$ relaxed over the past few weeks gets my &^%$#%^ dander right up!!!!....................................................................................... just kidding Ha!

Happy new year.

After all of this time I still haven't come around. As a crows member myself, I voted for the wide v option as that was the most traditional option out of the 3. Very disappointed to read in here that "murder of "crows design came 3rd in the voting, and yet was over ruled by the club. Adelaide's marketing can come across as arrogant at times, and extremely bullish. They need to be careful of alienating the club from the fans and members.

I'm a designer myself and I remember starting up a thread here in afc bigfooty back in 07, with guernsey designs for the fans to pick from. A lot of those designs that the fans came up with were a lot better than the logo/clash guernsey we use today. Even if the AFC saw these, I'm sure they would have held complete disregard on our opinions.

After all of this time I still haven't come around. As a crows member myself, I voted for the wide v option as that was the most traditional option out of the 3. Very disappointed to read in here that "murder of "crows design came 3rd in the voting, and yet was over ruled by the club. Adelaide's marketing can come across as arrogant at times, and extremely bullish. They need to be careful of alienating the club from the fans and members.

I'm a designer myself and I remember starting up a thread here in afc bigfooty back in 07, with guernsey designs for the fans to pick from. A lot of those designs that the fans came up with we're a lot better than the logo/clash guernsey we use today. Even if the AFC saw these, I'm sure they would have held complete disregard on our opinions.
Someone recently posted (can't remember who) something from the Eagles board saying that the AFL need to approve guernseys a year in advance, so that "poll" the AFC conducted was even more worthless than we first thought because the club had already decided.

Someone recently posted (can't remember who) something from the Eagles board saying that the AFL need to approve guernseys a year in advance, so that "poll" the AFC conducted was even more worthless than we first thought because the club had already decided.

Hah that doesn't surprise me at all!

Nobody's been able to tell me why the away jumper can't be the hoops with maybe a couple of white hoops thrown in, or white on the chest with hoops.

Maintains the tradition of the jumper, serves the purpose of a white clash jumper.

Instead we've had 67 different designs in ten years, all of which have been fuglier than a hat full of assholes.

Add that to Trigg's rap sheet, if you can be bothered anymore

Nobody's been able to tell me why the away jumper can't be the hoops with maybe a couple of white hoops thrown in, or white on the chest with hoops.

Maintains the tradition of the jumper, serves the purpose of a white clash jumper.

Instead we've had 67 different designs in ten years, all of which have been fuglier than a hat full of assholes.

I HATE WHITE GURNSEYS ........tell me, anyone, where its been good for the game

Keep it simple stupid is always a good strategy to take.

Screen Shot 2013-08-18 at 1.50.46 PM.png

Can that be true? What we went with isn't what was in the poll anyway, we traditionialised it a touch with the stripes down the back and the murder on the front being a bit more filled in. If that's the case we had already decided that our guernsey wasn't even one of the options, it was a mish mash of a couple.

a-jpg-3313421338273289.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least they actually did make prototypes, I assumed they just quickly mocked up those other 2 designs on paint to convince us we actually had a say with the vote

Yep, had the same thoughts. I want that jumper though.

Hopefully they might consider it for 2014/2015, or for the SANFL side next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back