News New basketball uniforms/logos/courts etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? Where?

I've yet to see a non Irving, James or Love Cavs jersey at a Rebel or Foot Locker
I remember seeing one at a Rebel in Highpoint (Melbourne). Last week I was at Uni Hill in one of the outlet stores (not Rebel) and they had a few LBJ's and Kyries, with one Delly left.

I remember seeing one at a Rebel in Highpoint (Melbourne). Last week I was at Uni Hill in one of the outlet stores (not Rebel) and they had a few LBJ's and Kyries, with one Delly left.
oh no s**t, i swear i never saw one in the city or doncaster anywhere, i wanted one at one point

are these swingmans or replicas though? cos i wouldn't have bothered checking replicas

get on nba store now if you like anything adidas there. Clear out has begun. some crazy prices.

I meant to post this last week. Prefer the more traditional/simple look to this jersey that their original one. Hated the use of the logo around the players number.

I'm not a massive fan of the faint M being used but all in all, it looks more like a pro bball team than the previous efforts.

2016-17 JERSEY REVEALED
Melbourne United has today released its new jersey design for the 2016-17 NBL season with the city of Melbourne featuring prominently in the dark blue design.

The jersey is Melbourne’s second playing uniform since re-branding as Melbourne United in 2014. Created by the club’s design team, it was produced by Mitchell & Ness, the NBL’s new apparel sponsor.

The Club’s iconic “M” symbol features prominently on both the front and back of the jersey with Melbourne city landmarks such as Flinders St Station featuring on the back of the jersey.

Melbourne United CEO Vince Crivelli said the uniform represented the heart of the Club and its tagline #WEAREMELBOURNE.

“We have always focused on uniting the basketball fans of Melbourne. We ARE Melbourne. We live and breathe the city and the state of Victoria and the players and staff are proud to represent Melbourne every time the players hit the court in the NBL.”

Since their inception in 2014, Melbourne United have worked tirelessly in developing and growing their fan base who also share in their vision to unite the city behind one team.

“As the only remaining NBL team in this city, we think the fans will enjoy the very Melbourne-centric design elements which have been added,” he said.

The Club’s new major sponsors Sage and AHG will be displayed prominently on the jerseys.

Melbourne will also be releasing an away jersey and an alternate jersey in the coming weeks.

The home jersey is now available on melbourneutd.com.au for pre-orders with fans able to collect the jersey’s at the first home game, or receive them in the post around the same time.

0b3da5a10ef71c8c036e9bf278091d5d21397931.jpg

4cb815ebac40a1e9cfc138a936df99b6ad22529b.jpg

MU_Jersey_Release.jpg

body-hero.jpg

I meant to post this last week. Prefer the more traditional/simple look to this jersey that their original one. Hated the use of the logo around the players number.

I'm not a massive fan of the faint M being used but all in all, it looks more like a pro bball team than the previous efforts.

MU_Jersey_Release.jpg

The good thing is they aren't too baggy like NBL uniforms of the past, but I really wish they were the below style, but it might have something to do with all the sponsor logos.

concepts-x-mitchell-ness-boston-bruins-basketball-jersey-1.jpg

0b3da5a10ef71c8c036e9bf278091d5d21397931.jpg

4cb815ebac40a1e9cfc138a936df99b6ad22529b.jpg

MU_Jersey_Release.jpg

body-hero.jpg
I'm confused. Is it black or navy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The united branding is the epitome of soulless garbage. It's big bash level of genericism.

The NBL, despite it's crappy current branding, actually has a lot of cool history and cool old clubs.

If you can base a league around the historic teams

Sydney Kings
Melbourne Tigers
Brisbane Bullets
Perth Wildcats
Adelaide 36ers
Illawarra Hawks

And brand it really well, you'll get people who haven't thought about the NBL for 2 decades remembering the good old days.

The potential for basketball in this country is so massive.

These are the teams that you would be looking at to bring the NBL back to where it was 20 years ago.
rUtV591.jpg

Melbourne United must think that their branding is "soulless garbage" as well because they are only referred to as Melbourne on their uniforms. However I won't be following an NBL club until a team comes out wearing a uniform like this.
94YnehL.jpg

That is when the true Melbourne rivalry will begin.
XCCP0of.jpg

No it doesn't. The problem is that it's not orange.
Well how likely do you think it is that the Tigers will be rebirthed? I'm commenting on the design, not the politics.

Well how likely do you think it is that the Tigers will be rebirthed? I'm commenting on the design, not the politics.

dI9F1lP.jpg

The Melbourne Tigers coming back to the National League is very likely. The club has a team in the SEABL in the men's and women's divisions. The use of the old style Melbourne Tigers uniform is very likely with that period of the club being seen as when it was in Melbourne Tigers control.

y4V5iVe.jpg

When Ben Simmons was drafted to the 76ers where did Brett Brown coach Ben's father. ESPN announced it across the bottom of the screen that he did so at the Melbourne Tigers for 5 years. Not at a basketball club in Melbourne, the Melbourne Tigers. The name Melbourne Tigers has something behind it in the United States.

XEvkfdV.jpg

I'd get behind a North Melbourne team.

The North Melbourne Giants were a Championship winning team back in the late 1980's and early 1990's.

UHEpnbF.jpg

A banner outside the Melbourne Glasshouse, now know as the Holden Centre, celebrating the Giants 1989 NBL Championship win.

kDHh10w.jpg

The North Melbourne Giants was the home of many champion players like Scott Fisher.

I always supported the "other" Melbourne teams (Magic, Titans and Dragons) and for me supporting Melbourne United is far easier than supporting the Tigers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back