News New basketball uniforms/logos/courts etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barrybran

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
I'd like to see some more colour in the Chicago and Detroit jerseys but the base designs tie very nicely into the theme. The rainbow is seriously the best thing the Nuggets ever did - works with any colour!

PeanutButter Pies

All Australian
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics Melbourne Stars
I'd like to see some more colour in the Chicago and Detroit jerseys but the base designs tie very nicely into the theme. The rainbow is seriously the best thing the Nuggets ever did - works with any colour!
Yeah and black is so over used with some of the jerseys.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
Suspended
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't really rate any of the city jerseys. A lot just don't work or they're really really boring. I don't mind Milwaukee's because it's pretty unique but it's not especially nice looking. It's a shame because the Utah Jazz one was great.

Miami need to rebrand. I know the old typeface, the black with red singlet is associated with success but I always thought it looked so bogan. People love the new vice 80s look and it's really unique. Plus there's a simple home, road colourway and plenty of options with alternatives. It makes a heap of sense.

Atlanta need to work off white, yellow, and red. The Dallas Mavericks need to stop looking like a car brand and bring back the classic green and blue logo and unis. Houston Rockets have a s**tty lame look and logo. Magic, Thunder, and Kings all look plain bad or plain dull.

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
I don't really rate any of the city jerseys. A lot just don't work or they're really really boring. I don't mind Milwaukee's because it's pretty unique but it's not especially nice looking. It's a shame because the Utah Jazz one was great.

Miami need to rebrand. I know the old typeface, the black with red singlet is associated with success but I always thought it looked so bogan. People love the new vice 80s look and it's really unique. Plus there's a simple home, road colourway and plenty of options with alternatives. It makes a heap of sense.

Atlanta need to work off white, yellow, and red. The Dallas Mavericks need to stop looking like a car brand and bring back the classic green and blue logo and unis. Houston Rockets have a s**tty lame look and logo. Magic, Thunder, and Kings all look plain bad or plain dull.
I agree. Should embrace Pink be damned if it is percieved as a 'female colour'. No other professional sports team (in the US atleast) has pink in it so it would really be unique. White with pink and blue for the home, pink with white and blue for away, and something like their city jersey for alternate. Its a great colour scheme, hope they embrace it more.

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Can't wait for the Raptors to release their city jersey. Last years one was a bit meh but i really love the black and gold. Hopefully the can do something a bit more interesting.

Freight Train

Single Fin aficionado.
Sep 12, 2015
The West
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cherries, Glory, Marítimo, Raptors
Can't wait for the Raptors to release their city jersey. Last years one was a bit meh but i really love the black and gold. Hopefully the can do something a bit more interesting.
It's the same design as last year but with a white base instead of black. Their "Earned" jersey will be red base with a white chevron.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sjohnson

Rory Lobbster <3
Mar 9, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sturt, East Perth
Portland's new city uni, looks sharper than last years' but doesn't really have the same connection to the city
upload_2018-11-8_20-56-21.png

Fizzler

#BarUp
Dec 26, 2013
Just refuelling ⛽
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
BOLTS, REN, OKC, WFC, LVB, STORM
Contrary to popular opinion, I rate the Clippers City Uniform as the best in the NBA. It’s the Clippers best uniform in recent memory, and arguably in franchise history. Surprised that neither LA team has used a plain LA word mark, and it’s probably bold that the (historically) weaker team from LA was the first to do it, but it’s big and strong and looks great.
09EDDB23-D48B-43C4-AB80-AC163AE748A0.jpeg

Honouring the 1984 Olympic Team which was the Clippers first season in LA from memory.
2A7EBC78-4CDF-4799-8E06-986E0E22A501.jpeg
A02C8D93-E3B4-4F3D-80B7-45C254C4E3AD.png

Freight Train

Single Fin aficionado.
Sep 12, 2015
The West
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cherries, Glory, Marítimo, Raptors
Contrary to popular opinion, I rate the Clippers City Uniform as the best in the NBA. It’s the Clippers best uniform in recent memory, and arguably in franchise history. Surprised that neither LA team has used a plain LA word mark, and it’s probably bold that the (historically) weaker team from LA was the first to do it, but it’s big and strong and looks great.
View attachment 583586
Honouring the 1984 Olympic Team which was the Clippers first season in LA from memory.
View attachment 583587 View attachment 583588
I’m definitely a fan - not sure I’d say it’s the best when Miami and Utah are spitting fire but it’s definitely up there. Love the inspiration and how they’ve executed it, very classy.

Fizzler

#BarUp
Dec 26, 2013
Just refuelling ⛽
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
BOLTS, REN, OKC, WFC, LVB, STORM
I’m definitely a fan - not sure I’d say it’s the best when Miami and Utah are spitting fire but it’s definitely up there. Love the inspiration and how they’ve executed it, very classy.
I really like the Miami one (I have it at #2 FWIW) but something about the Utah one just doesn’t do it for me. Maybe it’s the shorts, maybe it’s them beating OKC in the first round 4-2 last season, I don’t know.
The Clippers one just gets me thinking about old school basketball in general, the great US teams of years gone by, old stadiums with the giant megatons that had no screens, the Sonics, the Bad Boy Pistons, it brings back all these great basketball memories which might seem weird but I don’t know, I just love it.

workhorse

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
9E2D17D8-D7AA-4EE3-A2E2-2A7EB3539F0C.jpeg

To be launched tomorrow

EDIT: I'm not 100% certain this is the logo but I'm relatively confident it is. SE Melbourne Phoenix is definitely the name

Last edited:
Top Bottom