News New basketball uniforms/logos/courts etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently the Opera house trust wanted $50,000 a year in order to use its likeness on the logo. Speculation that this might affect the logos of the roosters and swans.

Apparently the Opera house trust wanted $50,000 a year in order to use its likeness on the logo. Speculation that this might affect the logos of the roosters and swans.

might give the Swans an excuse to return to the South Melbourne jumper?

Piss off, the Opera House is owned by the government, why the * are they putting their hand out to slug these teams.

Tasmania Mountaineers, Tasmania Timbers, Tasmania Jack Jumpers, Tasmania Tridents, and Tasmania Pride have all been registered via IP Australia

Tasmania Mountaineers, Tasmania Timbers, Tasmania Jack Jumpers, Tasmania Tridents, and Tasmania Pride have all been registered via IP Australia

timbers is cool

Anything but 'Pride'! Because you just know they'll end up using a lion as a mascot or something cliche like that. The other names are all really unique (in Australia at least) so it'll be cool to see it come from one of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully they’re gone
They still play in the NZ league, so I assumed they were planning on a second crack of joining the Aussie NBL, but it’s a s**t name if I’m being honest.

They still play in the NZ league, so I assumed they were planning on a second crack of joining the Aussie NBL, but it’s a sh*t name if I’m being honest.
They withdrew from the NZ NBL because they had an untenable relationship with Basketball Tasmania and mounting debts. Then the Super City Rangers (out of Auckland) were kicked out of the league, leaving Auckland as an empty market and the Auckland Huskies popped up.

Tassie team to be revealed on October 1
  • Tasmania Tridents
  • Tasmania Timbers
  • Tasmania Pride
  • Tasmania Jack Jumpers
  • Tasmania Mountaineers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back