News New basketball uniforms/logos/courts etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bring back Townsville before any second stupid Melbourne team who will go bust in 3 years time anyway
Think about the money though. Townsville, yeah you might build a bit of a loyal fanbase like in Cairns, but the population size of Melbourne and the money that comes from that, it just makes senses to have another team there especially in the growing SE suburbs. Hate the name though, I definitely wont be going for them.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Think about the money though. Townsville, yeah you might build a bit of a loyal fanbase like in Cairns, but the population size of Melbourne and the money that comes from that, it just makes senses to have another team there especially in the growing SE suburbs. Hate the name though, I definitely wont be going for them.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Townsville has more heritage than the soon to be two pop up Melbourne franchise teams. This new one will be the new south dragons

Because the Melbourne Phoenix were a netball team that played in the national league for 10 years
Well in the case Phoenix is a terrible choice of name considering it was a previous professional sporting team in that city, albeit a different code. Surely something more original could have been chosen.

Melbourne Meteors
Melbourne Centaurs
Melbourne Griffins
Melbourne Street Artists
Melbourne Coffee Culture

according to the SEM Phoenix wiki, these are the uniforms
upload_2018-11-17_17-42-43.png

Different style of the logo
220px-South_East_Melbourne_Phoenix_Logo.png

according to the SEM Phoenix wiki, these are the uniforms
View attachment 585480

Different style of the logo
220px-South_East_Melbourne_Phoenix_Logo.png
Well it’s an unsourced design on Wikipedia - not exactly a legitimate source. But that being said, it doesn’t take much to figure out what’s what they’d be wearing. :p

Townsville has more heritage than the soon to be two pop up Melbourne franchise teams. This new one will be the new south dragons
I think heritage can help in terms of already having the bedrock of supporters, but what's to say a new team in Melbourne can't make a name for themselves like Townsville did all those years ago. Unfortunately the NBL value money over heritage.

The Lakers home jersey is starting to annoy me, especially the piss weak yellow. They look like cheap knockoffs you'd buy in Thailand. The rich, warm yellow home jersey that pops especially at Staples with the theatre style lighting is one of the most iconic in sports. These throwbacks from a couple of years ago are perfect to me, from the cuffs to the beautiful block numbers.

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 10.21.50 am.png

Bring back Townsville before any second stupid Melbourne team who will go bust in 3 years time anyway
A second Melbourne team has way more potential then Townsville and basketball is huge in the south east, they just need to increase the capacity of state basketball center so all home games can be played in the actual region.
Crap name though... always should have been Magic

The Lakers home jersey is starting to annoy me, especially the piss weak yellow. They look like cheap knockoffs you'd buy in Thailand. The rich, warm yellow home jersey that pops especially at Staples with the theatre style lighting is one of the most iconic in sports. These throwbacks from a couple of years ago are perfect to me, from the cuffs to the beautiful block numbers.

View attachment 585647
There's a lot of angst about this. Apparently they were designed with the slightly different, older wordmark because that was LeBron's favourite Lakers era. Once you see it, it is a big annoyance. For AFL yeah whatever, but this is the biggest team in one of the biggest sports in the world... cross your Ts!

Also, the black side panels on the road version are pointless.

And let's not talk about the city edition... you aren't the 1990s Bulls. Pinstripes generally look shocking in basketball unless you're winning things.

People raving about the OKC unis too but jeeesus ******* christ they're ugly.

DsAc8E4V4AATlRm.jpg

Ugly ugly ugly shade of teal. Paired with bright orange. Then with a wishy washy pattern in the background, which is on one angle, but then the same motif on the shorts is on another angle... then there's the font, which looks bad on its own but is also an offensively lame attempt at trying to do a Native American 'look.' The whole thing isn't connected to the city nor state at all. Read the press release. They're tying it into all sorts of things, instead of latching onto one really solid representative element. The one Native American thing that works is the square, rug logo on the top of the shorts (so it's basically hidden).

OKC are so lame anyway. Shocking generic nickname, bad logo despite potential (you notice the ball before the lightening... whaaaat?) and plain ugly colours which look even worse against each other. They need a rebrand. They're the only team who are referred to as an acronym so they need to really nail the font and look of the three letters... yet... they never have. If you have a strong, distinctive 'OKC' then the rest is easy. It's almost like a monogram. It's not a word so it stands out. Yeah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also the numbers being rounded against a chunky, blocky 'OKC' fmd.
So,etching like what I did in my G-League portfolio could easily work for them
Oklahoma City Blue
The Oklahoma City Blue are affiliated to the Oklahoma City Thunder. The franchise began as the Asheville Altitude in 2001, before moving to Tulsa, Oklahoma, in 2005 and becoming the Tulsa 66ers. After nine seasons in Tulsa, the franchise moved to Oklahoma City in 2014 and were subsequently renamed the Oklahoma City Blue.
Current Jerseys:
contintal_release_jersey_141002.jpg

My redesign:
View attachment 399310
I'm not gonna lie, as an OKC fan, we have some of the worst branding in the NBA, yet somehow our D-League team could look even worse. My favourite Thunder jersey is our sunset one, so I used the logo from that, but coloured the whole jersey blue (or white) because they are called the Blue!
Anyone comments or criticism, or even requests for any teams? Please, do let me know!

Yeah totally agree, really weak name.

It's like they did a brainstorm to name a team that would play 2 seasons with no success before folding and being totally forgotten.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back