News New BigFooty Navigation - SuperNav!

Remove this Banner Ad

NB: Yes you are stuck with my lame skills at changing stuff on the site. Sorry for any confusion that will definitely occur :oops:

===========

Tuesday 11th Sept:

* We are heading to the final version of this release of SuperNav

* On Desktop you can move SuperNav top the top, left or right side of the screen, or switch it off.

* On Mobile you can switch SuperNav off.

* The old pop-out forum navigation is being removed today:

old-off-canvas.PNG

===========

The new navigation, which we call SuperNav, is live as a Beta testing feature.

After testing on Moderators and then Premium members for weeks, we feel it is ready for a wider trial.

To avoid issues, you must now be using the default style COOL18.

Change to "Default" in the style switcher, found down the bottom left of the forum (click 'cool' or whatever is shown in that spot):

488307_8020b9d7a1ca50dce64af5f8a1247992.PNG

Then hit "Use default style":

cool18-usedefault.PNG

Generally:

* Switch SuperNav on or off in your Preferences under the Watch Console area.

* You can also move the desktop side navigation from left to right in preferences.

supernav-preferences.PNG

* Soon, a Watched Forums list will be added at the top of the forum list in the pop-out nav, as it is in the old pop-out forum list.

* The old pop-out forum navigation will be removed pretty soon. We know right now it gets in the way a bit, though you can scroll to get to covered options.

old-off-canvas.PNG

* Soon you will get the ability to lock the pop-out nav open.

On Mobile:

* We will remove the old pop-out nav and the Xenforo nav, so you are left with the floating navigation bar.

* When posting with a small phone, you lose some already limited space to see the reply box. We will try to get the nav to disappear temporarily while you are in the reply box.

This is what it will look like when we think it is ready to fly on its own:

547774_4b1c87015e56f5c841379b114f33580d.jpeg

* Please be specific, and include screenshots along with device and browser information.

* "It sucks" is no help. Switch it off in your preferences if you don't like it and don't want to contribute to improving it.

Thanks and I hope it makes your browsing easier.

Last edited:
  • Admin
It's not for tiny screens, it's having the browser slightly smaller making browsing at work a little more discreet ;)
See the new thread - post your browser and device and I can work out the issue. The width of the content area should be liquid and not be covered by the nav.

• Admin
I don't have a tiny screen, but couldn't stand that side-bar, so thanks for letting us know how to get rid of it.
I'm finding it a great help, as are many others. But that's why we put in the option to switch it off.

Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys Chicago Bulls
See the new thread - post your browser and device and I can work out the issue. The width of the content area should be liquid and not be covered by the nav.
It's classy as on the mobile phone, looks great.

Just on a browser that isn't full screen it overlaps.

Keep up the good work!

• Admin
Quick just as everyone gets used to the new layout lets change it
You know you can turn it off, right?

Also: Xenforo 2 is out. Look forward to another change over Christmas!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Windows 7, but it's the same on Windows 10 - it's the width of the screen that's the issue - 1366 wide just isn't enough - it's probably quite fine on higher res screens.
I'm seeing something completely different on Windows 7 and the latest Chrome. It works perfectly for me.

The standard suggestion in this case is to turn off add-ons like https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/upgrades etc, then switch them on one at a time and see which kills your browser styling.

It saved my preference but, when I checked it, it unsaved it.

Anyway, tried it again and, mysteriously, it disappeared to my delight.
If it isn't saving a preference change to the database properly, that is a HUGE issue and we need to chase that down immediately.

RicMcHart

Long time member
Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Football Club
Chief Can you take the side panels down on the GD board.

Its hard to procrastinate at work easily, with the side panels up.
I just noticed the side panel on the left hand side of the screen on my iPad and it’s annoying as it cuts off some details on left hand side of posts.
On my iPhone the panel is at the top of the screen and therefore does not get in the way and obscure posts.
How can the left hand side panel be removed or placed at the top of the screen?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back