News New BigFooty Theme - Feedback and Bug Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Post your thoughts, complaints and compliments here.

Features you might like to try include the ability to change the width of the content using the button way down the bottom left.

Common Feedback

Why change it if it isn't broken?
- The old style has been messed around with through several versions of the Xenforo software. The wire and duct tape are starting to wear out.

Will you be keeping the old style around?
- It is still there at the moment, you can swap back by logging in and selecting "cool" on the style chooser, bottom left of the forum. Eventually it will be dropped entirely.

It's too bright
- Not a big problem as we can change the colours quite easily. It will evolve. There is also a user-based styler that we have yet to get working.
24/9 - We've dulled some of the background spaces while keeping a white background for the content spaces.

It's too narrow
- You can switch to wide screen at the bottom left of the page, beside the style chooser.

style-chooser-width-toggle.PNG
- Related: forum backgrounds are now too wide. These will probably need to be adjusted if we don't widen the main site container.

Quotes are too dull
- Not a difficult issue to fix. We've upped the visibility from the base style but we can do more.

Bold in the thread list doesn't look different from non-bold

This will be fixed.

Buttons are not defined well enough
- A simple styling issue - we can make them a little bigger and give them more space.

Headers, they look rubbish:
- Yes they do. We will fix that.

thread-headers-2.PNG

Headers now fixed:

thread-headers-3.PNG

Something of interest regarding the flat design style:
https://designshack.net/articles/graphics/whats-flat-2-0-and-why-should-you-care/

And information on Material design:
https://material.io/guidelines/

Last edited:
  • Admin
I usually hate all change immediately, but I actually like this, I think.

Well done.

(Will note that I'm on laptop at the moment - haven't tried mobile yet.)
On mobile it retains the old theme - we found that it made the site slow to load.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been using it for a few weeks now in beta, was a bit jarring at first but it's fine now. The old skin looks s**t and outdated now.

One thing is that it's a bit hard to distinguish between read (not bold) and unread (bold) threads in the thread listing. The weight for read threads should be lighter if possible.

Please leave warm/cool as an option permanently. Slick is awful.
That's a pretty vague bit of feedback - I can't really do anything with it.

The old theme is breaking down over time. It cannot stay.

Been using it for a few weeks now in beta, was a bit jarring at first but it's fine now. The old skin looks s**t and outdated now.

One thing is that it's a bit hard to distinguish between read (not bold) and unread (bold) threads in the thread listing. The weight for read threads should be lighter if possible.
Yes I have noticed that. I will keep working on it. Might need to change the font for those elements. Roboto probably isn't the best for that.

That's a pretty vague bit of feedback - I can't really do anything with it.

The old theme is breaking down over time. It cannot stay.

Its another ol'yella situation, isnt it? We need to take Cool out back and put her out of her misery :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back