BlueZombie

All Australian
Suspended
Aug 7, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Australian Cricket team
Hey, guys. I finally decided to take the plunge and join this forum to discuss our mighty club with like minded Carltonites such as yourselves. I have been reading this Carlton forum for about 3 years now and thought it was about time I joined in the conversations myself, instead of just being an observer. I came to this country at a very young age a couple of decades back and was forced to support bloody Richmond ( FFS ) - thanks to my beautiful - but now passed on, Mother ( who from about 1987 onward became a die-hard West Coast fan. ) I decided I had to make a stand. I said to a friend ( another kid ) during a match with the Pies, that I wanted to support the team in the Dark Navy. I came out to my parents as a Carlton supporter, age 10, and haven't looked back since ( Mostly!) My entire family are Melbourne supporters so it was an incredible disappointment to my old man that I chose the Mighty BlueBaggers. But I have not regretted it. I was not meant to be a Dees supporter - even though I obviously have a soft spot for them ( 2nd Team .) I have also indoctrinated my only Son and hopefully, even though He's now a moody teenager who wants to be the next Eminem, this will continue to be the case. And I am not ashamed to say that I literally was in tears when we lost the '86 Grand Final to bloody Hawthorn. But literally, again, these tears of hurt became tears of joy the following year when we beat the mongrels. Another fact is that my Grandparents - back in '84 - literally lived across the road from Marc McClure in Brighton. And when Dad was over for My Granddad's funeral then he was invited over to Cellars' place for a BBQ - where all the current Carlton players were - and, TRUE STORY - upon hearing my Dad tell him that I was a Carlton die-hard MM had the entire Carlton team sign a team poster for me. No s**t. And one final thing: My Carlton jumper - that I wear every match to this day - has only one number on it. Number 4. Because ' Sticks ' was always my favourite player as a kid. And even though Simmo is my favourite player now, and has been for about 10 years, I cannot change it. ONWARD TO 17!!!

Hey, guys. I finally decided to take the plunge and join this forum to discuss our mighty club with like minded Carltonites such as yourselves. I have been reading this Carlton forum for about 3 years now and thought it was about time I joined in the conversations myself, instead of just being an observer. I came to this country at a very young age a couple of decades back and was forced to support bloody Richmond ( FFS ) - thanks to my beautiful - but now passed on, Mother ( who from about 1987 onward became a die-hard West Coast fan. ) I decided I had to make a stand. I said to a friend ( another kid ) during a match with the Pies, that I wanted to support the team in the Dark Navy. I came out to my parents as a Carlton supporter, age 10, and haven't looked back since ( Mostly!) My entire family are Melbourne supporters so it was an incredible disappointment to my old man that I chose the Mighty BlueBaggers. But I have not regretted it. I was not meant to be a Dees supporter - even though I obviously have a soft spot for them ( 2nd Team .) I have also indoctrinated my only Son and hopefully, even though He's now a moody teenager who wants to be the next Eminem, this will continue to be the case. And I am not ashamed to say that I literally was in tears when we lost the '86 Grand Final to bloody Hawthorn. But literally, again, these tears of hurt became tears of joy the following year when we beat the mongrels. Another fact is that my Grandparents - back in '84 - literally lived across the road from Marc McClure in Brighton. And when Dad was over for My Granddad's funeral then he was invited over to Cellars' place for a BBQ - where all the current Carlton players were - and, TRUE STORY - upon hearing my Dad tell him that I was a Carlton die-hard MM had the entire Carlton team sign a team poster for me. No sh*t. And one final thing: My Carlton jumper - that I wear every match to this day - has only one number on it. Number 4. Because ' Sticks ' was always my favourite player as a kid. And even though Simmo is my favourite player now, and has been for about 10 years, I cannot change it. d
It's good to see you finally joined!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back