New Build

Remove this Banner Ad

So, my current main computer is approaching it's 5th year of life and I thought... need an update. So, I did a couple of days research and settled on upgrading the MB, CPU and adding in a liquid cooler (just a closed system cooler, not a custom setup). I am also moving from a 500Mb SSD to a 1Tb NVMe M.2 drive.

The current price of GPUs is out of the price range of someone on a carers pension, so I am sticking with my old GTX 1080ti. And I am sticking with my current 32Gb of ram.

In the end, I've gone with a MSI MPG X570S Carbon Max with built in WIFI, a Ryzen 9 5900X, a Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe drive and a Cooler Master PL360 Flux cooler.

I might upgrade the ram in a couple of months to 64Gb... and the graphics card might have to wait until next year I think.

Should see me good for another 4-5 years I reckon :D

Ram speed will be a bottle neck for your new mobo and CPU. If it's 5 years old you might find it difficult to upgrade to 64Gb if you have two different sets in there, without slowing the new 32Gb down to match the original.
There are some differing opinions on how much that'll matter, it really depends on what you're using the rig for. Gamer vs regular user changes the decision making process, for example.

Ram speed will be a bottle neck for your new mobo and CPU. If it's 5 years old you might find it difficult to upgrade to 64Gb if you have two different sets in there, without slowing the new 32Gb down to match the original.
There are some differing opinions on how much that'll matter, it really depends on what you're using the rig for. Gamer vs regular user changes the decision making process, for example.
I'll be getting a whole new 64Gb of ram and I'll move the current 32Gb into another computer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back