• Andrew Brayshaw

Votes: 83 35.6%
  • Alex Pearce

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly would have gone Brayshaw or Serong but he might help take the pressure off the other two, to perform at their maximum.

I'm a wait and see from my unprofessional opinion
I agree.... Brayshaw or Serong would of been good captains.

I would give Alex Pearce one or possibly 2 more seasons as captain.

Brayshaw is out of contract at the end of 2025. If Brayshaw stays with us in the 2026 season and onwards, that's your next captain

Last edited:
I agree.... Brayshaw or Seeing would of been good captains.

I would give Alex Pearce one or possibly 2 more seasons as captain.

Brayshaw is out of contract at the end of 2025. If Brayshaw stays with us in the 2026 season and onwards, that's your next captain
Have* ;)

that was the AP that excited us so much a few years back. Immovable as a concrete pillar man-on-man and taking the game on at the same time. how amazing would it be if he could get AA this year...
I thought AA was a step too optimistic for him this year but geez if he keeps doing that...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AP was immense in that game. I was genuinely surprised to see Daniher had 20 possessions after he got the cheapie goals at the end because it felt like AP towelled him up.

Great captains game and it felt like one of the first games the mantle felt like it fit him.

More of that for 2024 please. 😊

AP was immense in that game. I was genuinely surprised to see Daniher had 20 possessions after he got the cheapie goals at the end because it felt like AP towelled him up.

Great captains game and it felt like one of the first games the mantle felt like it fit him.

Daniher got a bath and was forced to push up the ground to get his touches.

Yep, I’ll cop that I was wrong about AP as Captain. He’s really improved his game with the added responsibility it would seem. Amazing game by him.
me too. I had my doubts as Alex Pearce as Captain.

We never Had Michael Johnson or Luke McPharlin as captain of the dockers. they were both decent tall defenders too.

The thing about a great leader is they will continue to perform & inspire when others around them aren’t. Pearce struggled with this last year & our poor performances really sat heavily on him & he played accordingly. He was solid but not really inspiring.

It wasn’t until later in the year that he had some belief in himself & now this year from the scratchie v Port where he was easily our best with Young & the first qtr specifically today, he was the one player standing up & the others then jumped on his back & followed.

I sense he is working out his style as a leader which has been tough coming off a strong role model like Fyfe, but he just has to be himself which is what I think he’s worked out.

The thing about a great leader is they will continue to perform & inspire when others around them aren’t. Pearce struggled with this last year & our poor performances really sat heavily on him & he played accordingly. He was solid but not really inspiring.

It wasn’t until later in the year that he had some belief in himself & now this year from the scratchie v Port where he was easily our best with Young & the first qtr specifically today, he was the one player standing up & the others then jumped on his back & followed.

I sense he is working out his style as a leader which has been tough coming off a strong role model like Fyfe, but he just has to be himself which is what I think he’s worked out.
loved it when he put that big body on the line to stop a goal

The question is, who was looking after Daniher ?.

Hard to know, but Pearce may have been assigned a Tall Rebounding role, and another player was the lockdown.

Fit player = Thriving Captain. Who would have thunk that is a great combination.

The question is, who was looking after Daniher ?.

Hard to know, but Pearce may have been assigned a Tall Rebounding role, and another player was the lockdown.

Fit player = Thriving Captain. Who would have thunk that is a great combination.
The key defenders either play high (CHF) or deep (9FB). They may swap if one of the key forwards gets of the chain. Alex usually plays deep.

Yep, I’ll cop that I was wrong about AP as Captain. He’s really improved his game with the added responsibility it would seem. Amazing game by him.

I'd like to take this opportunity to repent. I was wrong - AP has has stepped up, been excellent not only his performances of late but exhibiting real leadership out there. Stay the course lad! 👍👍

Back