Votes: 83 35.6%
  • Alex Pearce

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe stepping aside as Captain.

Assuming Pearce is going to take over I think it's a good call where Fyfe can just focus on dominating and staying on the park each week.

Alex seems the logical choice. I think Andy is too young as is Caleb.

Who else is there? Ryan? Walters? JOM?

Damn we are a young team

Fyfe stepping aside as Captain.

Assuming Pearce is going to take over I think it's a good call where Fyfe can just focus on dominating and staying on the park each week.
I hope that Pearce gets the chance to be the leader of the pack. His leadership last season was superb.
Yes Brayshaw was a brilliant player, but let him build more before giving him the reins.

This would make Fyfe choosing to move to Gold Coast as a free agent at the end of the year less of a slap in the face, should that happen.

Caleb Serong to Captain.

I think its a good call by Nat to step down. He's a pretty rationale individual so great to see him talk about the opportunity it presents to the club.

Agreed, it's a tough but mature decision and shows leadership in itself. Read the tea leaves and put his ego aside, which a select few on here seemed to suggest he'd be incapable of doing.

Hopefully this precedes a massive year for him.

You reckon Caleb will go past Andy?
Either way I think one of them will be very unlucky when the time comes
I think Caleb wants it more and if I'm being brutally honest, Andy is a fantastic leader, Caleb is a Selwood type best in league football leader

Andrew Brayshaw will bring the leadership by example whether he is captain or not. Caleb will be a leader on field whether he is captain or not, as will Moose.

Caleb Serong could win the brownlow next season as captain.

I'm not sure Pearce is the best option due to his history of not staying on the park. Personally I would have Brayshaw as he and Caleb lead the young pack and he plays so well both ways. Also aside from a Gaff dog act he has been injury free *touch wood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m all for Pearce as captain for a couple of years - clearly the players were playing for him last season.

Andy and Caleb as named co-captains with Young and Darcy rounding out the leadership group - a group that will have 5-7 years working together.

Chapman can join the leadership group in 2-3 years time when AP steps down.

Brayshaw is ready to go if voted in. But if they think he needs 2 more years, so be it.

As long as it's not Pearce for 1 year. Although Fyfe was ready, I think it was pretty poor to give it to Mundy for 1 year, then take it off him. If Pearce gets it minimum 2 years.
He's essentially been captain for a year already.

I don't have a strong feeling for who his replacement should be, but I want acknowledge the work of Fyfe, it's a hard gig and he may not have been our best captain but he was tough as teak and gave it everything. Hopefully it liberates Fyfe the player

Back