New captain

Remove this Banner Ad

That's an excellent group - Jack the standout to be captain but all strong leaders onfield and around the club, who will represent NMFC positively. Pleased btw that North stays old school and picks one captain. Nice and decisive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually dropped in to say Congrats JZ. (Not comment on Higgo's dreamy hair.) Looking forward to seeing you lead the boys next year.

And especially congrats to taz who should be an inspiration to any young player with injury issues. Well done to the other lads too. BTW Swallow might have stepped down as captain and also not taken a formal role as leader (VC or dVC) after so many changes but you can't deny this former captain his leadership qualities (he has captained more finals victories than some footy clubs have had in his lifetime). I would have been shocked if he wasn't in the leadership group.

i think that vid proves the Higgo photoshop thing wasn't photoshop. There is a point in the vid where the light from a camera flash reflects of Higgos hair. Must be special hair...
Swapped Higgins and Swallow around when they realised the ex-captain looked like an afterthought up the back there.

I think Goldy is a bit stiff not to be included.

Arguably could have been included instead of Swallow.

Jack could still use the ex skipper for guidance and be a mentor to younger players without being in the leadership group. Who knows though, maybe Goldy is too quiet etc.

In any case we've freshened up and off-field and I'm excited about that.

Seeing Jack in the training top was like looking at myself in the mirror this morning as I went our for my daily run.

With that training top on, the only real difference is that I have a couple of shoulder tatts on show........ (except I'm old, fat, balding and can't run for shite! Perfect facsimile)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back