• Buckley

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • B Scott

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 23 17.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's becoming clearer and clearer that Teague won't survive much longer, so who do Carlton turn to next?

They went the experienced path with Malthouse but he was probably past his prime when they grabbed him. So do they put that behind them and chase experienced again? They've gone untested in Bolton and Teague and both having, seemingly, underperformed with the lists at their disposals.

So who is next? Someone like Lyon still has a lot to offer football in my opinion so I'd be looking at him if I was Carlton. Clarkson is the dream but I suspect the AFL have his next job mapped out already.

If there's any obvious option I've missed let me know and I'll add it to the poll.

Carlton should maybe realise that the problem isn't their coaches because according to them, the past.... 3? coaches have been absolute dog s**t - with Malthouse only lasting 2.5 years, Bolton 3.5 years and if he is to be sacked, Teague only 3 years. When your track record stinks that badly, start looking at the very top end of your club (hint: it's not the coach) and gut the living s**t out of it.

Id say after todays performance Teague is all but done.

Hopeful for Clarkson, but he seems pretty entrenched and steadfast in seeing out his contract.

I think Lyon is more of a chance and would bring a lot to the Blues in a defensive aspect.

Id say after todays performance Teague is all but done.

Hopeful for Clarkson, but he seems pretty entrenched and steadfast in seeing out his contract.

I think Lyon is more of a chance and would bring a lot to the Blues in a defensive aspect.
Do you go full defensive aspect and try a Roos?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton should maybe realise that the problem isn't their coaches because according to them, the past.... 3? coaches have been absolute dog sh*t - with Malthouse only lasting 2.5 years, Bolton 3.5 years and if he is to be sacked, Teague only 3 years. When your track record stinks that badly, start looking at the very top end of your club (hint: it's not the coach) and gut the living sh*t out of it.

Every situation is different. Yeah maybe some of Carlton’s coaches haven’t been that bad and they’ve been wrong to get rid of them. Doesn’t mean Teague is the same. You cannot watch them play, the way they cannot play even basic defence and just ship goals, and conclude they have the right coach. Tactics and coaching are obviously hugely, hugely lacking. Just watch them play, it’s dead obvious.

Coaching that football club is a curse, anyone who takes on that role are nuts.

Their salary cap is completely ****ed.

Cripps
Williams
Saad
Martin
McGovern

All on massive chunks of the cap, Weitering wouldn't be cheap either. Their biggest problem is probably yet to come, Walsh is out of contract next season. He is worth along what the club are paying both Williams and Saad, he will and has every right to get top dollar. He is an upwards of 800k a season player now, no doubt more. How do they think they will keep him and keep other players happy?

Good luck with that list, 6 players taking up arguably 30-40% of one cap, Cripps is cooked, Williams and Saad are two half back flankers that every club has, Martin and McGovern are not worth half of what they are paid.

Sacking coaches in the past has worked out so well for them in the past, right?

Maybe, just maybe, their list isn't ready or that good yet?
Thats the thing, they expect so much from them, they have not got the list, simple as that.

New coach comes in, sees the players he likes and doesn't like. Coach plays them, or doesn't, trades them or delist them. Couple of seasons later, new coach comes in, does the same, end up going around in circles. How about just back your coach in, the Carlton FC has had if you are including Barker, 5 coaches in 9 years, looking likely to be 6 head coaches in 10 years.

They had Ratten, he seemed to have the players playing for him, then Malthouse came along, that's when that football club ****ed themselves over. They haven't been any good since the mid 90s, almost an irreverent football club.

At this point they simply have to be better than giving up 82 in a half to the current North Melbourne side. That's utterly ridiculous stuff. Too many looking for bruise free offense only.

Meh I'd stick with Teague. It took Thompson & Hardwick sometime to succeed in their roles as well. Bloke has been at the helm for what a year and a bit? Let's give the bloke some time to be fair.

I think their position, and where they thought they were at the end of last year may have been a tad over estimated imo. List needs some overhaulin, not a lot, but there are some passangers there that are not helping them. Weitering, Walsh, Cripps (the fit one) & McKay is a damn good core, then a few second tier handy players like Docherty, Saad etc.. then other than that, there aint much.

Every situation is different. Yeah maybe some of Carlton’s coaches haven’t been that bad and they’ve been wrong to get rid of them. Doesn’t mean Teague is the same. You cannot watch them play, the way they cannot play even basic defence and just ship goals, and conclude they have the right coach. Tactics and coaching are obviously hugely, hugely lacking. Just watch them play, it’s dead obvious.

Then sack him and sack whoever selected him - because this would indicate that they have a huge issue with strategic decision making at the top level.

This so much.
The best coach in the league wouldn’t get much more out of this lot. Their list is garbage. A few genuine stars surrounded by mercenaries and blokes not up to it

They have some very good A graders

Then quite a few blokes who wouldn't even get a game for us. Depth is lacking and team defender is shocking.

Teague isn't the answer. But he's also not the problem. I wouldn't sack him but I wouldn't be looking at him as a long term solution either.

Back