Votes: 23 17.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Cripptonite

All Australian
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
You make changes in the off season. You can’t just change your style in the season.
As I said in my previous post, there were no adjustments or improvements made which happen week to week or even quarter to quarter in most good teams. He lacked any ability on game day to shuffle the magnets around when things weren’t working.

In any case, if it was Teague’s decision to commit to such a disastrous game plan with no plan B then there are consequences. In preseason interviews and early season pressers, there were quotes such as “an increase focus on attack and speed” & “if the opposition score 100 points then we just need to score more”. Once I heard that I knew we were doomed.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Not all on Teague

75% of it mate. Mind you the medical staff that cleared him should all lose their jobs too.

Cripps will never be the same, should not have been playing and Teague is supposed to be the last line of defense in protecting the player from himself.

Anybody could see the guy wasn't right.

g_TRAIN

Near a spoon
Jun 15, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
What happens if Carlton doesn't make finals next year?

You would have to say whoever takes the role is going to walk straight into the hot seat with some serious expectations and an average midfield.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
75% of it mate. Mind you the medical staff that cleared him should all lose their jobs too.

Cripps will never be the same, should not have been playing and Teague is supposed to be the last line of defense in protecting the player from himself.

Anybody could see the guy wasn't right.
Why didn’t Cripps just throw the towel in and say ‘I am shot?’ Having heard some views on this re Teague it is definitely a bit of an eye opener that he would put him out there.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Caracella is my vote if Carlton want to get good while Lyon is my vote if i prefer the blues to stay mediocre. Wherever Caracella has landed over the last decade plus, that team plays finals and wins flags, so no brainer in my opinion.
Caracella is a no brainer. He is the reason why we are fluent in our forward ball movement. He'd also have plenty of experience with implementing team defence and pressure, which is a feature of the modern game. I remember seeing him teach the players something as simple as running patterns. He did the same thing at Richmond and they got a dynasty out of it.

He and Rutten work very well together, which is why I hope Collingwood and Carlton stay away.

RearNaked

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
TEAM MIR!!!!!!!!!
Caracella is a no brainer. He is the reason why we are fluent in our forward ball movement. I remember seeing him teach the players something as simple as running patterns. He did the same thing at Richmond and they got a dynasty out of it.

He and Rutten work very well together, which is why I hope Collingwood and Carlton stay away.
Think he’s happy as a assistant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Why didn’t Cripps just throw the towel in and say ‘I am shot?’ Having heard some views on this re Teague it is definitely a bit of an eye opener that he would put him out there.

Because players often need to be saved from themselves.

Tom Rockliff is another good example of someone who would play hurt when he shouldn't have been playing at all.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Cripps + Walsh = 1?

Next year they might actually stop playing Cripps injured which would make a big difference.

IF you think about the Fremantle side in the Lyon era, Cripps = Fyfe, Walsh = Neale, there are alot of similiarities.
Neale was the sub in the granny under Lyon wasn‘t he?
And Cripps has been garbage for two years. He might come good. He might not.

g_TRAIN

Near a spoon
Jun 15, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Because players often need to be saved from themselves.

Tom Rockliff is another good example of someone who would play hurt when he shouldn't have been playing at all.

Yeah, I feel for Cripps the kid has copped so much but for mine, he cares about his club and probably too much.

I hope this off-season he can freshen up and prove all the doubters wrong. Love the way he plays when he's in top form

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Yep and he's the only guy so far that I can think of that's come back from the graveyard that is the discarded senior coach position.
Mmmm is this a Carlton only problem though?

I'm just not sure this point quite hits coming from a St Kilda supporter.

Lyon went on to coach Freo and now likely Carlton.

Ratts sacked by Carlton, further development at Hawthorn, onto St Kilda...

g_TRAIN

Near a spoon
Jun 15, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Mmmm is this a Carlton only problem though?

I'm just not sure this point quite hits coming from a St Kilda supporter.

Lyon went on to coach Freo and now likely Carlton.

Ratts sacked by Carlton, further development at Hawthorn, onto St Kilda...

What makes you think it's just a Carlton problem. It's across the board.

My point was that Carlton now have a pretty bad track record of sacking coaches and if I was a young coach I would be nervous about that since they may only get one shot at it.

Back