News New CEO - Andrew Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

I also think that Chapman needs to shoulder a big share of that responsibility too.

There is a veritable laundry list of fu** ups that have occurred under his watch, yet he seems to continually escape scrutiny.

“Hold on, I’m the Chairman, I’m not involved in day to day operations”. ”It’s a big job, I had a successor in mind, but he died. It’s a 30 hour per week job and I need to train up the next person. It’s hands on.”.

edit - these are not direct quotes. I don’t know what to do when you quote loosely.

“Hold on, I’m the Chairman, I’m not involved in day to day operations”. ”It’s a big job, I had a successor in mind, but he died. It’s a 30 hour per week job and I need to train up the next person. It’s hands on.”.

edit - these are not direct quotes. I don’t know what to do when you quote loosely.

Take credit for all the success and blame for none of the failure. Just the leader you want.

I also think that Chapman needs to shoulder a big share of that responsibility too.

There is a veritable laundry list of fu** ups that have occurred under his watch, yet he seems to continually escape scrutiny.

At the end of the day, you have to ask who Chapman is accountable to? Essentially its the AFL. They own us. They don't care how well we do on field (as long as we're not as bad as GC, although that has its benefits for the club). As long as the club is stable financially, Chapman's getting a good report card. We get run like a business, we make a small profit and contribute to the AFL's equilisation fund. We prop the league up and until that changes, Chapman has the role for as long as he wants it.

From the perspective of protecting the board from media accountability, the AFC have it set. Roo is basically Triple M Adelaide, Bicks on 5aa is still on the payroll. Does anybody actually listen to SEN Adelaide? Rucci was probably the main one outspoken against the AFC, but he went too far the other way, much as Kornes does, that his voice loses relevance. Its a "boy who cried wolf" scenario. That's basically Adelaide media. They don't seriously question Chapman and the board, they might ask the odd curly question, but are made to quickly understand who butters their bread...

Victorian media occasionally challenge, but they don't pay enough attention and do not care enough to push long enough to make change.

Ross Lyon on AFL website questioning Andrew Fagan for sign off on the “camp”. I think he’s right.
Too many stuff ups.

Him and Chapman need to go. At least chapman. Fagan is good with money so not ideal to lose him - if we could get someone experienced to help with football program decision making (no AFC past) - then maybe that would be good too.

Ross Lyon on AFL website questioning Andrew Fagan for sign off on the “camp”. I think he’s right.
Too many stuff ups.

Him and Chapman need to go. At least chapman. Fagan is good with money so not ideal to lose him - if we could get someone experienced to help with football program decision making (no AFC past) - then maybe that would be good too.
I think only guy who knew what was going to happen on the camp was the flog who ran it.

Criminal Minds was liked by a number of players before that.

Fagan has done ok.

the revenue/membership/sponsor uplifts are driven by the move to AO; but he has been a steady hand in realising those gains - I.e. he didn’t F it up. Trigg might have.

he’s tried a few things to up end the paradigm, E-sports, Baseball etc. Bad ideas imo, but at least it was something and they were novel. Another tick

the parklands thing, may or may not have been a great idea, but again it was outward looking and could’ve energised the club with a sense of purpose and momentum.

now the bad:

it’s not clear he’s a very good manager of professional / executive level staff. Look at how out of control some elements and people got, whilst other areas just......... drift

We’ve taken our eyes so far off the winning, elite programme, premiership focus it’s not funny. Our new mascot should be an apricot slice

Under his (and chappy) watch we’ve become the league bad guys, the team no one likes. Without the success to buttress it. It’s ok being disliked when you’re winning everything, when it’s just for arrogance, unmerited vanity and hubris, then that is a Sh..t show of the highest order

Fagan has been trying to get another job for a while now, without success. That’s not entirely down to bad luck

Holy crap... just caught the end of the baseball movie For The Love Of The Game

Had never seen it

At the movie's climax when Kevin Costner's 40 year old pitcher Billy Chapel is trying to hold it together to deliver a perfect game, he pauses to gather himself...

Deep breaths

Wipes away some sweat

Then (to self)

"Clear the mechanism"

Was this common knowledge? I had no idea

Remove this Banner Ad

Back