News New CEO - Andrew Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

All I want from Fagan and the rest of the hierarchy is to decide on a strategy to win a flag and communicate this to the supporters.
Are we looking in the next 2-3 years whilst Betts, Sloane, Tex etc. are at he peak of their game?
Or is is 3-4 years when these players are finishing and said draft picks are ready to step up?
Everything Fagan spouts reeks of being stuck in the middle, unsure of which way to go.

Lewis would've been worth a shot

He's better than Thommo, and he might have taught us how to actually win a final.

Why on earth would Lewis come to Adelaide in the twilight of his career. He's a Melbourne boy who's prolonged his career by 2-3 years and still gets to live in Melb on pretty good coin.

It's so much easier for players living in Melb to agree be traded to other clubs in Melb.
They don't have to uproot their family, change homes, develop a new network of friends. If their partners work then that work situation stays the same.
It's business and life as usual ,the only difference is the player drives to a new suburb and oval.

Lewis has a young kid and I'm guessing his and her parents help out with the grandkids.
At 31 I really couldn't see what appeal Adelaide held for Lewis when the Melbourne offer was on the table.
A lot of players consider Melbourne the place to live in terms of events, facilities, entertainment, music scene, food and drink and sport. Not to mention the greater media opportunities which Lewis is involved in already.
Why leave that for Adelaide?

I'm guessing at the trade table the Crows inquired about numerous players. If they're any good they'll get offers from Melbourne based clubs as well.
It takes a lot to get a player to move Adelaide, most are guys that look for better opportunities and were on the fringes , eg Seedsman, Cheney and Hampton or from SA originally, Gibbs a prime example of that.

We had no chance getting Lewis IMO.

Lyons has had 1 good seasons in 6 with us - 1.

I wanted him to stay too, but I'm not that shattered he's left. he is a dime a dozen type player, easily replaceable

He was a quite an effective player this year. Averaged 21 disposals a game and kicked 18 goals. One of the few goal kicking mid fielders we had.
Wasn't given opportunities early in the first few years but he did come on. He was developing nicely, will be missed I reckon.

All I want from Fagan and the rest of the hierarchy is to decide on a strategy to win a flag and communicate this to the supporters.
Are we looking in the next 2-3 years whilst Betts, Sloane, Tex etc. are at he peak of their game?
Or is is 3-4 years when these players are finishing and said draft picks are ready to step up?
Everything Fagan spouts reeks of being stuck in the middle, unsure of which way to go.
Mate Fages has no idea. He talks a game of sorts but he's in the "settle in to the good life and have a family" phase. Pretty good wicket. Seriously, when Chapman is your overseer it's pretty green pastures

I personally Love Fagan. He is all class if you ask me. It's easy to throw mud at him every time the club does something we don't all agree with,. but overall I think he is the best man for the job. He has cleaned up our image 100% since coming on board, and the club is in a great place. #premiers2017

Says guy sitting on an internet forum.
Mate I would love to work under a guy who is so compromised by his past failings (Tippetgate) that he doesn't dare exercise any kind of meaningful oversight. Chappy is just happy to be there. Like they all are.

It's a massive junket. Ask Thommo. Once you mates up with the right people you're on a beautiful wicket for life. Thommo will be drawing a fat cheque from the club until he's 50. That's how we roll bitches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate I would love to work under a guy who is so compromised by his past failings (Tippetgate) that he doesn't dare exercise any kind of meaningful oversight. Chappy is just happy to be there. Like they all are.

It's a massive junket. Ask Thommo. Once you mates up with the right people you're on a beautiful wicket for life. Thommo will be drawing a fat cheque from the club until he's 50. That's how we roll bitches.
Okay Mr reality.

Why on earth would Lewis come to Adelaide in the twilight of his career. He's a Melbourne boy who's prolonged his career by 2-3 years and still gets to live in Melb on pretty good coin.

It's so much easier for players living in Melb to agree be traded to other clubs in Melb.
They don't have to uproot their family, change homes, develop a new network of friends. If their partners work then that work situation stays the same.
It's business and life as usual ,the only difference is the player drives to a new suburb and oval.

Lewis has a young kid and I'm guessing his and her parents help out with the grandkids.
At 31 I really couldn't see what appeal Adelaide held for Lewis when the Melbourne offer was on the table.
A lot of players consider Melbourne the place to live in terms of events, facilities, entertainment, music scene, food and drink and sport. Not to mention the greater media opportunities which Lewis is involved in already.
Why leave that for Adelaide?

I'm guessing at the trade table the Crows inquired about numerous players. If they're any good they'll get offers from Melbourne based clubs as well.
It takes a lot to get a player to move Adelaide, most are guys that look for better opportunities and were on the fringes , eg Seedsman, Cheney and Hampton or from SA originally, Gibbs a prime example of that.

We had no chance getting Lewis IMO.
A premiership

Thommo. 2 years ago he was an A grader but now he's in decline.
Ah yep, get ya.

It'll be very interesting to see just how Fages goes with this. Last year he dealt with the Walsh tragedy with aplomb but everyone was on his side. He's about to see what an angry Adelaide supporter base is like.

Very true - Chapman is a lame duck Chairman; completely compromised by the Tippett debacle, and it's a joke that he's still there.

I like Fages; but I'm wavering on whether he can deliver us a flag. At the moment, he's kissed on the dick by Adelaide Oval - just jack up price significantly every year, and he's set.

Very true - Chapman is a lame duck Chairman; completely compromised by the Tippett debacle, and it's a joke that he's still there.

I like Fages; but I'm wavering on whether he can deliver us a flag. At the moment, he's kissed on the dick by Adelaide Oval - just jack up price significantly every year, and he's set.

Hmm. I think that's a bit unfair. Fagan has done a lot right by the fans in regards to engagement and a lot of new policies and procedures in place to drive our off field success. Club is a lot more stable off field now than before.... (not that it was hard to improve on Trigg)

He really needs to get the footy department right and show we can make some different decisions to the past. We keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result... Time for change Fagan. Make it happen. Get the Elite standards in place

Lyons has had 1 good seasons in 6 with us - 1.

I wanted him to stay too, but I'm not that shattered he's left. he is a dime a dozen type player, easily replaceable

And we're going with organic growth from the guys who couldn't crack the team.
Our replacements could not even get a game in past years now there the answer.
Mediocrity is the answer.

Not overly impressed by the CEO note put out today. Neither content, nor the fact it was made at all.

I fear we've returned to being the spin club.
This has been Fagan's approach since day one. One on one type communication with fans. You just don't like the outcome, so it's spin.

Its an interesting one, this email. A number of weeks ago, when Adelaide United were losing players on a weekly basis the CEO sent out a similar email to the members and was roundly applauded by the wider soccer public. Yet people here are happy to slam Fagan for his.

Not saying anyone is right or wrong it's just a comparison.

FWIW I didn't mind the email idea, content was disappointing somewhat. The thing with Fages is he is always happy to get private emails. If you're annoyed, tell him

I personally Love Fagan. He is all class if you ask me. It's easy to throw mud at him every time the club does something we don't all agree with,. but overall I think he is the best man for the job. He has cleaned up our image 100% since coming on board, and the club is in a great place. #premiers2017

So that is all that matters. Image.
That is the last thing that matters.
Winning matters. Nothing else.
This mediocre attitude needs to end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back