News New CEO - Andrew Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to see it.

Dogs, Sydney won't go backwards.

Hawthorn have improved significantly.

Geelong still in the mix.
Richmond should push back into the 8.

Oh, and GWS.
Bit iffy on the Hawks improving, let alone standing pat. Dependent on O'Meara a bit and how much guys like Hodge and Burygoyne have in the tank. I still can't see Richmond pushing in, Sainters will be the ones making a run at 8

Not at all. The timing and content smacks of damage control. Their statements regarding strategy are flawed and illogical. Take off your blinkers for a moment and critically analyse and you'll see it.
Blinkers? I'm as unhappy as anyone over the trade debacle. What the letter is though, is am explanation we're all demanding. I don't agree with all of what he said but it's what the club is going with so that's that.

Spin is far more malicious than that. Nothing he has said is a lie - it's just an approach we're not all happy with. Move on.

Blinkers? I'm as unhappy as anyone over the trade debacle. What the letter is though, is am explanation we're all demanding. I don't agree with all of what he said but it's what the club is going with so that's that.

Spin is far more malicious than that. Nothing he has said is a lie - it's just an approach we're not all happy with. Move on.
It is a lie, or at least a massaging of the truth. You need to actually read and analyse what was written.

It is a lie, or at least a massaging of the truth. You need to actually read and analyse what was written.
What parts do you think are lies? Don't condescend, of course I've read it. I wouldn't be commenting on it otherwise. It sounds like what you consider to be analysis is actually just confirmation bias.

Hard to see it.

Oh, and GWS.

Dogs and Sydney yes. GWS yes. Agreed all 3 will be strong. I think the other top 4 spot is the one up for grabs. And i think you overestimate Hawks, Rich and even Geelong a little. Enright is a HUGE loss. As is Mitchell for Hawks

We certainly haven't done ourselves any favours in trying to grab it though.....

Yeah that's true, I love the Chief when he's firing. Have you seen him play well in a big match though, or when he's being blanketed?
He's not quick enough or contested enough to get it done in big games - gets by on work rate which is great but lacks weapons for big game footy

And with McGovern coming on I don't think he is crucial ... allows us to develop more mids that can play forward

Noble's best trade period was more damaging than this one. We lost the the difference between a 3rd rounder and early 2nd because our coaches criminally underrated Lyons and we didn't overpay for incoming talent. Best trade period in years.
Not doing trades is not trading. Our list is worse than it was and we are a midfielder down. Hampton Seedsman and Menzel should all be best 22 if fit.

Bickley's an idiot, has Mackay as an untouchable and wrote an article saying that Thommo playing on in 2017 was vital. He can GOGF, has no idea at all, thank Christ he's gone. Need Campo and Clarke to follow suit.

That's kind of what I was getting at though. Bickley is part of the Crows old boys club. It's not typical for him to take an anti-Crows stance about anything.

Reid doesn't make the call to keep Thompson. Idiotic thinking he would. Lyons was lost because the coaches didn't rate him. They preferred to give Thommo $200k than add it to his 3 year deal and keep him. Reid doesn't determine who's a must keep in our starting 22, have an issue with losing Lyons, head to the "Pyke, Campo, Clarke, our midfield coaches are morons, we haven't improved in this area for years" thread. I'll start it now. Look forward to your input.

That's a whole lot more frightening to me than Justin Reid being s**t at his job. You're saying our coaching group thought it would be smarter to hang onto a 33 year old Thompson than a 24 year old Lyons who is coming off his best season yet. It really boggles the mind. It makes me wonder why we even have a list manager if he can't override this kind of bullshit.

In any case I look forward to the yearly Campo/Clarke thread. Mediocre assistant coaches like those guys will keep our premiership window forever shut.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to see it.

Oh, and GWS.

I see North and Hawthorn falling out of the eight, replaced by Melbourne and St Kilda.

I suspect the top 4 will be Sydney, GWS and Bulldogs plus one other. Not sure who. Personally I think we'll end up around 7th

I think we'll do well to maintain this years position.

I see virtually no chance of us making top 4
That's ok - the Dogs effort this year was blessing for the narrative of a club like ours....make the 8 and anything can happen.

Watch for how many times that's trotted out next year

What parts do you think are lies? Don't condescend, of course I've read it. I wouldn't be commenting on it otherwise. It sounds like what you consider to be analysis is actually just confirmation bias.
Not at all. As I wrote in another thread, it's counter intuitive for the club to come out and say "we think we have a good group of up and coming midfielders" and in the same note say that we didn't want to give away first round picks. If they are that confident, then adding Gibbs for overs is a no brainer. As much as I would have disagreed, at least that would have been a logical cohesive plan.

Their whole message is contradictory. On the one hand, theyre banking on organic development, but on the other, they want to go to the draft. It's an each way bet, and those kind of bets usually see you get a place dividend.

At some stage, our club has to be decisive. Back the squad we have and pay overs to attract the cream that we lost with Danger, or admit we need amidfield refit and get maximum draft value, either through bottoming out or through aggressive list management ie trading out our mid tier players who have currency to get up the draft order. And I don't mean Lyons, I mean Smith, Jenkins, Atkins, Lynch. Players in whose positions we have cover.

That note gave no hint of a clear plan, and it smacked of a club retrospectively spinning a result. Just like the good old days.

Not at all. As I wrote in another thread, it's counter intuitive for the club to come out and say "we think we have a good group of up and coming midfielders" and in the same note say that we didn't want to give away first round picks. If they are that confident, then adding Gibbs for overs is a no brainer. As much as I would have disagreed, at least that would have been a logical cohesive plan.

Their whole message is contradictory. On the one hand, theyre banking on organic development, but on the other, they want to go to the draft. It's an each way bet, and those kind of bets usually see you get a place dividend.

At some stage, our club has to be decisive. Back the squad we have and pay overs to attract the cream that we lost with Danger, or admit we need amidfield refit and get maximum draft value, either through bottoming out or through aggressive list management ie trading out our mid tier players who have currency to get up the draft order. And I don't mean Lyons, I mean Smith, Jenkins, Atkins, Lynch. Players in whose positions we have cover.

That note gave no hint of a clear plan, and it smacked of a club retrospectively spinning a result. Just like the good old days.
That's because you're hearing what you want to hear .....and not what actually was said by Roo

1. The Plan was always to go the draft
...........reason? ........................

2. There were no players available that met what Adelaide believe they needed

3. Gibbs was an 11th hour opportunity dropped in their lap .......only 911 conspirasist theorist will disagree with this

4. Plan altered to take advantage of the opportunity if at the right price

5. Deal doesn't eventuate .....club goes back to original plan

Not really difficult to understand ?

That's because you're hearing what you want to hear .....and not what actually was said by Roo

1. The Plan was always to go the draft
...........reason? ........................

2. There were no players available that met what Adelaide believe they needed

3. Gibbs was an 11th hour opportunity dropped in their lap .......only 911 conspirasist theorist will disagree with this

4. Plan altered to take advantage of the opportunity if at the right price

5. Deal doesn't eventuate .....club goes back to original plan

Not really difficult to understand ?
Except it makes no sense Wayne. Going to the draft is an investment in three years time. The club thinks our group is good enough now, but lacking an elite mid. They said so after the Sydney loss. So if an A grade mid drops in your lap now, one widely seen as a perfect fit, you make hay while the sun shines if you think we're almost there.

Except it makes no sense Wayne. Going to the draft is an investment in three years time. The club thinks our group is good enough now, but lacking an elite mid. They said so after the Sydney loss. So if an A grade mid drops in your lap now, one widely seen as a perfect fit, you make hay while the sun shines if you think we're almost there.
But EVERY deal has its breaking point ......many currently questioning the cost of the Omera trade to Hawthorn

Fagan has a history of outstanding on-field results in sports management .......these are times when people are made to make "that decision that could define the immediate future" ......Fagan has a history of good decision making .........Trigg, well we all know how his decision making under pressure is like

Back the club in !

But EVERY deal has its breaking point ......many currently questioning the cost of the Omera trade to Hawthorn

Fagan has a history of outstanding on-field results in sports management .......these are times when people are made to make "that decision that could define the immediate future" ......Fagan has a history of good decision making .........Trigg, well we all know how his decision making under pressure is like

Back the club in !
So, in the face of unarguable logic, your response is rubbish and "back the club in". I rest my case.

Hard to see it.

Oh, and GWS.
Dont see Hawthorn improving after losing their 2 best mids. Jury is out whether Mitchell can lead a midfield and whether JOM can play at all. Sydney will rely on organic growth much like us, Geelong to go slightly backward and I reckon Melbourne will push up. Richmond should but they rarely do.

If we take a step back by playing the youth I dont mind too much, although we should be playing finals even with them.

Dogs I can't see repeating, can see a Hawthorn 09 type season coming. GWS will, with a good run with injury, dominate everyone.

So, in the face of unarguable logic, your response is rubbish and "back the club in". I rest my case.
No you back the decision makers in until they lose credibility ......Trigg reached that point, Fagan has so far pulled all the correct bells ......so yes back them in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back