News New CEO - Mark Anderson

Remove this Banner Ad

Very funny how some posters on here are quick to attack each other, even when a fair point was made that has significant evidence to back it up.

Especially when it comes from posters with questionable records themselves.

But who am I to say anything? It's all sunshine and rainbows here at the Collingwood football club right?

Welcome Mr. Anderson.

Very funny how some posters on here are quick to attack each other, even when a fair point was made that has significant evidence to back it up.

Especially when it comes from posters with questionable records themselves.

But who am I to say anything? It's all sunshine and rainbows here at the Collingwood football club right?

Welcome Mr. Anderson.

Mr. Anderson!

images

I thought it was a fair question. I thought the same. And that's not to say i'm critical of the appointment either.
Probably a case of past reputation. You are right though, it was a fair question. Personally I’m not too concerned as Anderson did take over after Australia’s disastrous Commonwealth Games with a mandate for change. Our gold medals did increase in the last Olympics so perhaps his performance wasn’t too bad.

Doesn’t take too long for someone to poke holes.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No surprise who from either.

Just came out of it huh. That CEO must have done a great job then

Gold! You never disappoint

Instead of all having a whinge, please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. Which judging by your whiny replies, I’m not.

As a matter of fact, as someone who has listened to the Hot Breakfast every morning for the last 5 or 6 years straight, Ed himself has ripped Swimming Australia to shreds with regularity.

So I guess I shouldn’t be surprised at this appointment

Instead of all having a whinge, please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. Which judging by your whiny replies, I’m not.

As a matter of fact, as someone who has listened to the Hot Breakfast every morning for the last 5 or 6 years straight, Ed himself has ripped Swimming Australia to shreds with regularity.

You were right to raise the question, but we can’t yet judge this decision. Either way I’m happy because I backed you at $1.80 to make the first negative call.

I’d rather have kept Pert. Swimming Aus is just a body that relies on government handouts.

What revenue streams do they have? What revenue producing ideas did he create?

All Swimming Aus has done the past 6yrs is cry poor for more money to be given to them while their performance has been terrible. Basically Swim Aus has been the Brisbane Lions. Could soon be us.

Ed, you said Australian swimming had been s**t for 20yrs. Anderson has been there since 2013.

You also provided nothing to back it up, others did.

As Peter Murphy is acting CEO and is widely acknowledged to have done a good job, he's probably had some input into Anderson's appointment - or at least the recruitment process (!!).

upload_2017-11-23_20-18-1.png

Anderson doesn't start till March - if this thread is still going then he might change his mind....

In the meantime it's only taken a few hours for the "debate" to liven up

upload_2017-11-23_20-13-36.png

You were right to raise the question, but we can’t yet judge this decision. Either way I’m happy because I backed you at $1.80 to make the first negative call.
Your $1800 has been deposited to your account.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, agreed. He strikes as the AFL HQ version of Garry Lyon.
Mr Garry L has got a good smack from the humility stick in recent times.
I've noticed a change in his demeanour. For the better.

Mr Garry L has got a good smack from the humility stick in recent times.
I've noticed a change in his demeanour. For the better.
That's pleasing to hear for me. Living overseas, i tend to get mostly the sensational news rather than a more rounded sense of Aussie public figures.

That's pleasing to hear for me. Living overseas, i tend to get mostly the sensational news rather than a more rounded sense of Aussie public figures.
Just something I've noticed. He comes across on his morning show as more circumspect.
In the past the arrogance could outbreak. Seems more contrite, measured, these days.
Just my take.

It'd be easy to be disappointed by that article, but I'd use Tennis Australia as an example of a sport where the coaches are clearly failing heavily yet our poor performances in recent years would be heaped back onto the administration (and of course the players). Just because the coaches at Swimming Australia didn't like Anderson, it doesn't mean he didn't make some changes for the better, perhaps he cleaned out the status quo? Either way, time will tell.

If God is our CEO will everyone be happy?

The fact that Pert isn't puts a massive smile on my face anyway.

IMO we don't need a CEO who big notes himself.......Brian Cook is the man that Mark needs to model himself on.

Just do your job and don't stick your nose in areas that are not your expertise.

The part that got me excited is he got record profits at Essendon as CFO............make us money Mark just don't spend it on ******* basketball Clubs.

That's Greg Anderson.

What is that thing hanging out of his neck though?

Is that an earpiece & does it mean Sheedy was communicating with him?

I'm calling tainted flag/s!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back