News New CEO - Mark Anderson

Remove this Banner Ad

Very funny how some posters on here are quick to attack each other, even when a fair point was made that has significant evidence to back it up.

Especially when it comes from posters with questionable records themselves.

But who am I to say anything? It's all sunshine and rainbows here at the Collingwood football club right?

Welcome Mr. Anderson.

He without sin can throw a stone heh
Fair dinkum
Negative nellys
Want change ,get it we whinge
Want A speedy hbf for pick 40 odd ready to go , get it we whinge
Better coaches not enough resources guess what we've got em and suprise suprise WHINGE
Trying to expand our brand and provide YEAR ROUND. Entertainment in people's shitty lives
GRAND FINAL S EVERY 3 or 4 years on average
JUST KEEP WHINGING
It's helping heeps

Not sure I'm too concerned about his morale boosting abilities.

Hes hired as a CEO not as a Cheerleader.

One of the most sacred responsibilities of a CEO is organisational kulcha.

That don’t necessarily mean boosting morale but

Lethlean gets overlooked despite his contacts and understanding of the inner workings of the AFL for this guy, (who now has question marks on his competence).
So there are 2 possible explanations for overlooking Lethlean:
- he has brunt his bridges so badly with the AFL that his contact are no longer useful
or we have lost our renegade and fearless approach to building the club, by taking the soft options to avoid controversy and so appease media and supporters.

Sadly I feel the later is true, because if Lethlean has not burn't his bridges, there is NO WAY he loses this 2 horse race.

Lethlean gets overlooked despite his contacts and understanding of the inner workings of the AFL for this guy, (who now has question marks on his competence).
- he has brunt his bridges so badly with the AFL that his contact are no longer useful
or we have lost our renegade and fearless approach to building the club, by taking the soft options to avoid controversy and so appease media and supporters.

Sadly I feel the later is true, because if Lethlean has not burn't his bridges, there is NO WAY he loses this 2 horse race.

It’s 2017 ...

... we’re in the era of Weinstein, Spacey, Roy Moore, etc, etc ...

... and we’re in the era of AFLW and VFLW and close to parity gender attendance at games ...

... no footy club in their right mind would hire a guy who just got fired for inappropriate relationships with a colleague. (Yeah, very different circumstances to those mentioned above, but the detail doesn’t matter to those who want to ride the moral high ground), Doesn’t matter how competent he is or who his contacts are.

It’s 2017 ...

... we’re in the era of Weinstein, Spacey, Roy Moore, etc, etc ...

... and we’re in the era of AFLW and VFLW and close to parity gender attendance at games ...

... no footy club in their right mind would hire a guy who just got fired for inappropriate relationships with a colleague. (Yeah, very different circumstances to those mentioned above, but the detail doesn’t matter to those who want to ride the moral high ground), Doesn’t matter how competent he is or who his contacts are.
I completely understand your view, but at what point does a person again become employable?

Even the AFL has endorsed their support for Lethlean getting a job.

As you rightly point out this lapse of judgement is not in the same category, as Weinstein. AND we all know that such indiscretions/infidelity as Lethleans, has not prevented coaches or players continuing their careers within the AFL.

As a matter of interest, I have spent a fair bit of the last hour or two googling and researching our new CEO and the truth is that the more I have read the more this appointment concerns me. I am not going to be quick to judge but I did manage to ultimately get hold of the article by Jessica Halloran as well as listening to a 2GB podcast of an interview with her by Alan Jones. In truth, I'm not normally overly inclined to hear what comes from Alan Jones but what Jessica was saying is of huge concern because in her view, a view gained from close contact with the industry, Swimming Australia is in complete disarray. As I said, I don't want to jump to unfair conclusions on the basis of one person's view but I would very much like to hear the other side of the story. For those interested, here is the link to the podcast:
http://www.2gb.com/podcast/jessica-halloran/

Wow
You need a better radio station choice
Listening to 2 gb overwise known as the f...k you station
Never has there every been an unbiased host or guest for that matter
They still think kathy jacksons a saint , abbots a hero and alls good in the world
My advice anything you hear on that show is at best to be taken with a grain of salt

I completely understand your view, but at what point does a person again become employable?

Even the AFL has endorsed their support for Lethlean getting a job.

As you rightly point out this lapse of judgement is not in the same category, as Weinstein. AND we all know that such indiscretions/infidelity as Lethleans, has not prevented coaches or players continuing their careers within the AFL.

The question is would you let em near your loved ones
Unsupervised ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His business credentials are bang on as is his sports administration background so on the surface he seems a good appointment.

At a guess Murphy has sought a replacement that will fill the role as he would have (given the constraints that prevented him taking on the role) so if Anderson can stay out of the FD as Murphy seems to have I have no complaint to air.

CHEATED ON HIS PREGNANT WIFE didn't be
Lovely fellow
You would trust him with something you love I take it
Let your partner spend lots of unsupervised time
Let him know all your secrets
Think it through

Hi guys, hope it’s ok to post here.

I’ve worked with Mark in the past. He is an incredibly good operator and a very personable guy. Probably the best boss I’ve had.

Think it’s a great pick up, hope he does well.
Perspective is more than welcome. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

One of the most sacred responsibilities of a CEO is organisational kulcha.

That don’t necessarily mean boosting morale but

Hopefully Maxy will have a significant impact in this area.

CHEATED ON HIS PREGNANT WIFE didn't be
Lovely fellow
You would trust him with something you love I take it
Let your partner spend lots of unsupervised time
Let him know all your secrets
Think it through

And however distasteful that might actually be, it isn't illegal and in no way reflects his normal modus operandi. The issue that caused his demise was the power differential between he and his co-worker and the perceptions that arise from that, again, not something that there seems to be a history of.

And however distasteful that might actually be, it isn't illegal and in no way reflects his normal modus operandi. The issue that caused his demise was the power differential between he and his co-worker and the perceptions that arise from that, again, not something that there seems to be a history of.

Sorry
I've got ethics
I love the club
Showed no self discipline and some would say sexual predator
THANKS BUT NO THANKS
I wouldn't even have a beer with him
Might be contagious

Sorry
I've got ethics
I love the club
Showed no self discipline and some would say sexual predator
THANKS BUT NO THANKS
I wouldn't even have a beer with him
Might be contagious

One known indiscretion with a consenting partner does not a predator make. Happy for you to live by your high moral standards but they're hardly reason to slander the man.

He without sin can throw a stone heh
Fair dinkum
Negative nellys
Want change ,get it we whinge
Want A speedy hbf for pick 40 odd ready to go , get it we whinge
Better coaches not enough resources guess what we've got em and suprise suprise WHINGE
Trying to expand our brand and provide YEAR ROUND. Entertainment in people's shitty lives
GRAND FINAL S EVERY 3 or 4 years on average
JUST KEEP WHINGING
It's helping heeps
Could be the years worst post.

I don't believe Lethlean should have lost his job but I also think what he did was a dog act against his wife and 4 young children.

He apparently is an arrogant campaigner which some accused Pert of being also.

Happy to let Essendon have him if they wish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back