News New CEO - Mark Anderson

Remove this Banner Ad

Lethlean gets overlooked despite his contacts and understanding of the inner workings of the AFL for this guy, (who now has question marks on his competence).
So there are 2 possible explanations for overlooking Lethlean:
- he has brunt his bridges so badly with the AFL that his contact are no longer useful
or we have lost our renegade and fearless approach to building the club, by taking the soft options to avoid controversy and so appease media and supporters.

Sadly I feel the later is true, because if Lethlean has not burn't his bridges, there is NO WAY he loses this 2 horse race.

I know it’s radical thinking, but perhaps he lost it on merit? I think many on here underestimate the differences between club and AFL land. Being able to fill one role in no way guarantees you being successful at the other.

Given what we know of Murphy and the new direction he was taking Lethlean would have done well to get through the first round of interviews.

Last edited:
Nup. I've written at least 3 worse.

Saintly Viewed also writes dross. Hardas has done some appalling things in that Word thread. And ottoman commits war crimes against language with every breath.
Hang on a minute I take offence at that. I don't write dross, I write crap. Crap yes dross no.

Lethlean gets overlooked despite his contacts and understanding of the inner workings of the AFL for this guy, (who now has question marks on his competence).
So there are 2 possible explanations for overlooking Lethlean:
- he has brunt his bridges so badly with the AFL that his contact are no longer useful
or we have lost our renegade and fearless approach to building the club, by taking the soft options to avoid controversy and so appease media and supporters.

Sadly I feel the later is true, because if Lethlean has not burn't his bridges, there is NO WAY he loses this 2 horse race.
You answered your own question.

Lethlean appears to no-longer have a position in the AFL system. Daresay whatever's gone in, its severed many bridges.

I initially had the same opinion as what you mentioned, if you took it on face value its a very strange non-appointment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it’s radical thinking, but perhaps he lost it on merit? I think many on here underestimate the differences between club and AFL land. Being able to fill one role in no way guarantees you being successful at the other.

Given what we know of Murphy and the new direction he was taking Lethlean would have done well to get through the first round of interviews.

Nothing would please me more than for Lethlean to have lost out on merit. Here's hoping.

what are you on about ?

Getting a swim team are we was that sarcasm
Having involvement in other sports in your opinion is obviously a issue
Not for Richmond
Won a flag and establishes a new revenue stream
What teams does Richmond have? I wouldn’t call them successful either

I assume your taking the piss
Richmond have established a revenue stream
Started by wait for it the guy now at hawthorn as CEO , ands thats interesting in itself
It is the management of swimming multi purpose facilities
Start to believe in the club it means more than football
We're got enough negativity in the press
You expand or you become a basket case

Getting a swim team are we was that sarcasm
Having involvement in other sports in your opinion is obviously a issue
Not for Richmond
Won a flag and establishes a new revenue stream

I assume your taking the piss
Richmond have established a revenue stream
Started by wait for it the guy now at hawthorn as CEO , ands thats interesting in itself
It is the management of swimming multi purpose facilities
Start to believe in the club it means more than football
We're got enough negativity in the press
You expand or you become a basket case
Have a look at my post history, I am by far one of the more positive posters in season. I think I even started a thread on being more positive, because you’re right...the media are only part of the problem it’s our own.

WRT my view that we should focus on AFL soley is well founded. The footy department is in disarray, that much is clear to everyone...how you have 5 footy directors in many years and have a mix up to sign Mayne on big money for 4 years is the evidence. Our list is lopsided...this is a management issue stemming from the board. It’s proven that if you spread your gaze too far you lose focus on what’s most important. With all these new businesses being added, we don’t get an entirely new management team...although there are some new people that come on board everybody is expected to do extra work. That’s a fact.

I’m not against expanding, but all in good time. Let’s get the fundamentals right before we start expanding.

Have a look at my post history, I am by far one of the more positive posters in season. I think I even started a thread on being more positive, because you’re right...the media are only part of the problem it’s our own.

WRT my view that we should focus on AFL soley is well founded. The footy department is in disarray, that much is clear to everyone...how you have 5 footy directors in many years and have a mix up to sign Mayne on big money for 4 years is the evidence. Our list is lopsided...this is a management issue stemming from the board. It’s proven that if you spread your gaze too far you lose focus on what’s most important. With all these new businesses being added, we don’t get an entirely new management team...although there are some new people that come on board everybody is expected to do extra work. That’s a fact.

I’m not against expanding, but all in good time. Let’s get the fundamentals right before we start expanding.

Rubbish we do nbl now or someone else will
As we stand right now
The club is in the right ZONE
WE HAVE A SUPER facilities in the greatest sporting precinct in the world
How's storm going now
Remember Waldron
We're writing down assetts to save tax , afl gifts ect if we have too much footy spend
We own and operate a social program and too many that is as important
New sporting teams allow us to spread the load
Dunn aflw coach example
Penny cula Reid, dietician s a ballet movement coach
You Read training reports 36 assistants and trainers
Impressive
Ps the biggest sportsman in the world may soon be an aussie
BASKETBALL is going to explode
Win a Olympic gold medal, world championship , nba games here
IT'S COMMING and all need to get on board
DIVERSITY IN BUSINESS

Rubbish we do nbl now or someone else will
As we stand right now
The club is in the right ZONE
WE HAVE A SUPER facilities in the greatest sporting precinct in the world
How's storm going now
Remember Waldron
We're writing down assetts to save tax , afl gifts ect if we have too much footy spend
We own and operate a social program and too many that is as important
New sporting teams allow us to spread the load
Dunn aflw coach example
Penny cula Reid, dietician s a ballet movement coach
You Read training reports 36 assistants and trainers
Impressive
Ps the biggest sportsman in the world may soon be an aussie
BASKETBALL is going to explode
Win a Olympic gold medal, world championship , nba games here
IT'S COMMING and all need to get on board
DIVERSITY IN BUSINESS
:drunk::drunk:

CHEATED ON HIS PREGNANT WIFE didn't be
Lovely fellow
You would trust him with something you love I take it
Let your partner spend lots of unsupervised time
Let him know all your secrets
Think it through

Consenting adults were involved. I might not like the ‘cheating’ aspect, but other than that it’s the business of those involved, and no-one else.

Nup. I've written at least 3 worse.

Saintly Viewed also writes dross. Hardas has done some appalling things in that Word thread. And ottoman commits war crimes against language with every breath.
Gee, l can hardly string two words together that makes sense. By not being on the list, don’t know wether l should be happy or upset.

Gee, l can hardly string two words together that makes sense. By not being on the list, don’t know wether l should be happy or upset.
It's not something to really over worry about.

But I'd be just a little concerned that old mate Walt doesn't quite have you up there.
Anyone else, meh.

But it's Walt, Walt!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back