332docker

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Western Force
My tip is nisbett is in the frame- he is out of contract with eagles and been there for 30 years.

Alcock and board trying to bring in people who will put stop to the negative 7west and 6pr(eagles radio)...

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
I thought when he was appointed he was just doing the number crunching ie spreadsheet. Bell would do the contracting etc.

Take us through your past experience in the AFL.
I worked for Gold Coast out of Melbourne as a full-time recruiter. I started off working with Adelaide when I was 18 and worked for them for four years and then I started working at Essendon, initially as a football analyst for a year. I worked under Adrian Dodoro and Merv Keane in the recruiting department for five years with Essendon doing various roles such as Next Generation Academy, pro scouting, list management as well working in the generalised recruiting pathway.
Then I went to the Gold Coast working under Scott Clayton and Craig Cameron for a year a piece in my two years there. Working out of Melbourne and being a national recruiter that observes all talent as well as looking at all of the different list management functions, the pro scouting brief and so forth. That’s a basic overview.

Freo Shark

Invasion of the Purple Haze
Oct 18, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks, Miami Heat, Wildcats, 49ers
Take us through your past experience in the AFL.
I worked for Gold Coast out of Melbourne as a full-time recruiter. I started off working with Adelaide when I was 18 and worked for them for four years and then I started working at Essendon, initially as a football analyst for a year. I worked under Adrian Dodoro and Merv Keane in the recruiting department for five years with Essendon doing various roles such as Next Generation Academy, pro scouting, list management as well working in the generalised recruiting pathway.
Then I went to the Gold Coast working under Scott Clayton and Craig Cameron for a year a piece in my two years there. Working out of Melbourne and being a national recruiter that observes all talent as well as looking at all of the different list management functions, the pro scouting brief and so forth. That’s a basic overview.

Yea wasnt that piece. Thought it was some puff piece.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Neil Balme for CEO! Has only taken the clubs he's worked for to a Premierships or GF appearances. Three for Geelong and one for Richmond with a GF appearance for Collignwood not long after he left.

Would be like getting a Rioli as a player and winning a premiership within three years :cool:

And he's Perth born and bred, played footy in East Freo District and may be wanting a climate and sea change with kids off his hands.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's very disappointing that are only looking only to sporting world for a CEO.

Somebody in the corp world with CEO should be looked at too.

Yes it limits the talent pool significantly. Surely, someone with the other skills mentioned would be able to bring them to a sporting environment.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yes it limits the talent pool significantly. Surely, someone with the other skills mentioned would be able to bring them to a sporting environment.
What you want in a CEO is leadership, decision making, emotional intelligence, integrity and interpersonal skills etc

Not sure you to know a lot about footy, that's the football departments role.

Nter1

Debutant
Aug 31, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Neil Balme for CEO! Has only taken the clubs he's worked for to a Premierships or GF appearances. Three for Geelong and one for Richmond with a GF appearance for Collignwood not long after he left.

Would be like getting a Rioli as a player and winning a premiership within three years :cool:

And he's Perth born and bred, played footy in East Freo District and may be wanting a climate and sea change with kids off his hands.

Freo could do with his credentials at the moment

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle

Kids off his hands? He's in his late 60's. You'd hope so.

Purpellian Anchor

Purple Admiralty
Oct 14, 2011
Northam
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyone want a crack at it?

We are now seeking expressions of interest from applicants with the following skills and experiences:
  • A demonstrable track record of excellence in performance of relevant sporting organisations in a senior leadership role.
  • Possess outstanding leadership capabilities.
  • Excellent commercial acumen and contractual negotiation skills.
  • Strong experience in increasing membership levels of nationally recognised brands.
  • A passion for Australian Rules Football.
  • The ability to manage and sustain long term relationships with all our respected partners and stakeholders.

Your a perfect fit Dale147 :thumbsu:

Back