New CEO, New List Manager

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
What's Nick Marvin doing since he left the Western Force? Throw the war chest at him.
WTF. Why? Someone who has been involved in basketball and rugby and had nothing to do with AFL.

But he's getting his tyres pumped up by the journalists at the Worst because he thinks getting the Wildcats membership to increase to 10,000, was to have players going into primary schools and nothing to do with them being the most successful club in Australian basketball.

Kinda like the Eagles have no problems extending their membership numbers and they've played the most finals ever in the AFL! He's probably another Eagles member himself.

Neil Balme should be the one we throw the war chest at IMO.

WTF. Why? Someone who has been involved in basketball and rugby and had nothing to do with AFL.

But he's getting his tyres pumped up by the journalists at the Worst because he thinks getting the Wildcats membership to increase to 10,000, was to have players going into primary schools and nothing to do with them being the most successful club in Australian basketball.

Kinda like the Eagles have no problems extending their membership numbers and they've played the most finals ever in the AFL! He's probably another Eagles member himself.

And when he, as expected says no?

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle

Perth Wildcats are the most successful in Australia by a country mile.

I don’t care is an CEO doesn’t have AFL, what happens is character , decision making and people skills.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club

I don’t care is an CEO doesn’t have AFL, what happens is character , decision making and people skills.
Yeah you could argue our CEO's interfere too much in football decisions. Schwab and Rosich

Marty Whitelaw

All Australian
Aug 27, 2014
Nedlands
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth Falcons, LA Clippers
Went to an event in Melbourne earlier this year and heard the new(ish) Carlton CEO speak. Was a really impressive guy and big on culture. He had a senior commercial role at Richmond. Must be someone senior out there in club land who’d be worth talking to.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle

Exactly, it's not hard to increase your member ship when you are. You could have the Drovers Dog as CEO.

You become successful by winning premierships, that's AFL Premierships.

You need someone that is not only knows the AFL system backwards but can provide leadership in all AFL matters like Neil Balme did at Geelong, Collingwood and Richmond and David Noble at Brisbane. Otherwise it's a rudderless ship! Don't mind Marty's suggestion above.

I get the point but Schwarb was a dick head, and we'll probably look back as the worst CEO in our history, just the wrong person. Rosich made a gamble with Ross that once Ross was gone so was he.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
And when he, as expected says no?
But why would he say no? He's born and bred in Perth, possibly has parents here that he may want to spend more time with. It would be a promotion and huge cudos and many feathers for him to get us a Premiership

I heard him interviewed when the Footy Managers position came up and he wasn't knocking an approach back then so we've got to be at least sounding him out and I can't see why not.

For anyone bagging our independent panel - consider this from Adelaide - 'Commissioned by chairman Rob Chapman, the club searched far and wide for panel members before landing on Dunstall and Pavlich due to their track record at AFL clubs and knowledge of the current game' noting that Roo, Dunstall and Pav all work together at Fox #jobsfortheboys

You can see in the reports that the players are uncomfortable with opening up and being interviewed by commentators - even with an NDA

For anyone bagging our independent panel - consider this from Adelaide - 'Commissioned by chairman Rob Chapman, the club searched far and wide for panel members before landing on Dunstall and Pavlich due to their track record at AFL clubs and knowledge of the current game' noting that Roo, Dunstall and Pav all work together at Fox #jobsfortheboys

You can see in the reports that the players are uncomfortable with opening up and being interviewed by commentators - even with an NDA

It's never a good idea to open up to someone who can benefit from selling you out and be treated like a hero for doing it.

Not to slander the character of the men involved, just as a general rule.

Marty Whitelaw

All Australian
Aug 27, 2014
Nedlands
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth Falcons, LA Clippers
There’s a fair bit of difference between a panel which is reviewing all aspects of a club to make decisions about what’s going wrong/needs to change (including whether the senior coach should be sacked) and a panel to appoint a new coach.

It’s not uncommon for an external person to be included in a coaching selection panel. St kilda are doing it now, having the Director of a coaching from the AFL involved and others clubs have involved former coaches or former senior footy administrators. Absolutely nothing wrong with doing that.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's never a good idea to open up to someone who can benefit from selling you out and be treated like a hero for doing it.

Not to slander the character of the men involved, just as a general rule.
At my first job, the committee brought in an independent person to review the Sports Centre.

What we said to him was used a weapon to restructure. The restructure made my manager’s job untenable.

I was young 20’s and didn’t understand what I said could be used for agendas.

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
At my first job, the committee brought in an independent person to review the Sports Centre.

What we said to him was used a weapon to restructure. The restructure made my manager’s job untenable.

I was young 20’s and didn’t understand what I said could be used for agendas.
I worked for a supermarket chain, who got in an independent management consultant to find out what were the cultural issues within the organisation. Midway through the process he was sent packing and those of us (including me) who had expressed concerns about the company were also "managed out" of the organisation.

Thankfully they no longer exist, because they were not prepared to address their issues :)

Nter1

Debutant
Aug 31, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I worked for a supermarket chain, who got in an independent management consultant to find out what were the cultural issues within the organisation. Midway through the process he was sent packing and those of us (including me) who had expressed concerns about the company were also "managed out" of the organisation.

Thankfully they no longer exist, because they were not prepared to address their issues :)

It wasn't Farmer Jacks?

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle

The review we had didn’t address the actual issues of the Centre, just agenda to replace my manager with another person they wanted to created a position for.

Back