New CEO, New List Manager

Jan 30, 2012
Midnight Sea
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cronulla Sharks
Massive changes in past 2 months. Just need one more.
Clean out the medical staff.

Absolutely. The injury toll stands out. It's worked for other clubs in various codes.
Fagan made a series of changes at Brisbane to promote injury prevention via reducing the workload in some areas and it has paid dividends for the Lions.

Mar 11, 2008
Midwest/Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Mighty East Freo Sharks
Interesting that in his announcement Alcock talks about the new CEO re-building the workplace culture.

Yeah it is a serious problem. They are serious about getting it sauteed and now the cloves are off. This is going to spice up our management.

Funny how none of the journo's had a sauce on this appointment.....

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
It's good that we've now got the foundations to truly begin this new era for the Fremantle Football Club. Garlick seems to have a good resume and some good credentials about him and I'll be interested to see how he, Longmuir, Bell and Alcock can build us into a powerhouse club.

Outshined

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Remind me why this guy is a good get?

Has experience with an AFL club and was ostensibly at least part of the group that set the foundations down for their '16 Premiership. Being CEO at the Bulldogs given their off-field challenges can't have been the easiest task either, but by all reports he seems to be pretty well respected.

Left to get further experience outside the AFL bubble, which he now brings to Freo.

Maybe not the most exciting or well-renowned appointment, but I can see him doing a good job for the club.

88mph

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Has experience with an AFL club and was ostensibly at least part of the group that set the foundations down for their '16 Premiership. Being CEO at the Bulldogs given their off-field challenges can't have been the easiest task either, but by all reports he seems to be pretty well respected.

Left to get further experience outside the AFL bubble, which he now brings to Freo.

Maybe not the most exciting or well-renowned appointment, but I can see him doing a good job for the club.

Very happy to have an unexciting CEO.

Back