New CEO, New List Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Moonrat

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Crushed Brayshaw didn't get the job!

But good luck to Garlick, hope the feral WA media don't roast him and he doesn't get the chop too soon!

May 13, 2007
Radelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Glasgow Warriors
I was really impressed by his press conference, there is a real sense of genuineness in his delivery that I like. Seems as though there is a theme here of looking for value, principle based leaders with high emotional iq.

Really looking forward to what next few years will bring.

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
Jesus, everyone needs to chill out. This Hill stuff has you all tightly wound. I didn’t mean anything by it. If anything it does show you shouldn’t judge someone by the way they read off the page; it’s always easier/more natural to respond to questions off the cuff.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was really impressed by his press conference, there is a real sense of genuineness in his delivery that I like. Seems as though there is a theme here of looking for value, principle based leaders with high emotional iq.

Really looking forward to what next few years will bring.

So from a pre prepared speech you gathered that?
It might pay to give him 5 minutes in the job before bringing out the glowing platitudes.

May 13, 2007
Radelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
So from a pre prepared speech you gathered that?
It might pay to give him 5 minutes in the job before bringing out the glowing platitudes.

No, if you watch it the prepared speech is only a couple of minutes.

What impressed me was the way he handled himself through the questions, his body language and thoughtful considered responses.

Suggest you watch it for yourself.

Freo Shark

Invasion of the Purple Haze
Oct 18, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks, Miami Heat, Wildcats, 49ers

What impressed me was the way he handled himself through the questions, his body language and thoughtful considered responses.

Yes, positive but too soon to be glowing. Lets wait and see. Lets see if he has the ability to match Nissy and navigate Freo around it.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
F069475C-150B-40B3-AB9F-5488B7D999B8.jpeg

This doesn’t look like the former dogs CEO. He was certainly a bad smell at Adelaide though.

May 13, 2007
Radelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Well yes, he is/was a former ceo of a marketing firm....I’d imagine presentation of oneself and by extension his business is a highly important trait for him 😉

I have worked with numerous execs from marketing companies over recent years. Trust me, they don’t all come across like that.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle

Oh I,'ve watched it, the same cliches that are rolled out by all execs of all the clubs.
They roll out what we want to hear and we lap it up.
Show me something different that Garlick said that Rosich and his predecessors haven't already fed us.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Oh I,'ve watched it, the same cliches that are rolled out by all execs of all the clubs.
They roll out what we want to hear and we lap it up.
Show me something different that Garlick said that Rosich and his predecessors haven't already fed us.
He's not talking about what he said but more the way he said it. Authenticity and emotional intelligence are pretty hard to fake. Like Dockshark said its in the body language, choice of language and the nuance of how things are said.

Back